Discuss spam problem in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
getting loads of spam emails from a domain called appspot.com . apparently this is a google cloud based domain and is being hacked with all this crap. can't block them, they come into junk box every day . is there any way to block htis domain or stop the spam.?

you cant really stop a domain sending you email, however your email client can make advanced rules to deal with it. the method depends on your email client. here is an example using gmail.

Last edited:
Google does a good job of sending them to spam, just always periodically check the spam folder for friends emails going into there but if you clock one from your bank or something in your spam folder, it probably isn't your bank and google has clocked the phishing page/email. So leave those there.

Other than that, ignore your spam folder and crack on with your inbox.You can find a setting to remove 'spambox' from your 'All Email' button which is annoying when they show up in that link on normal settings.

I use Gmail for business so it delivers my own domain email to outlook on my phone and laptop, and I have removed the option to show me the spam folder altogether on my devices as it's so reliable usually.

you cant really stop a domain sending you email, however your email client can make advanced rules to deal with it. the method depends on your email client. here is an example using gmail.
i done that on hotmail but all it does is stop them from inbox. they still come into junk.

you have to make a rule that says delete the emails from the domain rather thank junk them, this depends on what email client you use here is microsofts answer:

1. From your Inbox, click the cog icon
spam problem {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
2. Select More Mail Options .

3. Under “Preventing junk email”, click Safe and blocked senders.

4. Click Blocked senders.

5. Put in the domain in the field under Blocked email address or domain:

6. Click Add to
list
.>>

You can also try to create an e-mail rule that deletes incoming emails coming from the specific domain to prevent them from coming through your inbox:

1. From your Inbox, click the cog icon
spam problem {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
2. Select More Mail Options .
3. Click Rules for sorting new messages under “Customizing Outlook”.
4. Click New
5. On the first column to the left you can select Sender's address, second column choose is, then put in the domain on the third column/field
6. Then select Delete these messages—don't even put them in my Deleted folder
7. Click Save

I'm not sure what facilities you have available on Hotmail, but you may be able to setup a message rule that automatically deletes emails from the domain that's sending them all.

As has been said, you can't really stop people sending you stuff.

And just as I'm about to post this... ^^^^ This message arrives :D

Reply to spam problem in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock