Discuss Spanish Wiring Regulations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tony.towa

I know this may sound a bit strange, but after hours of googling I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of where I can get a copy of Spanish wiring regulations (if there are such things) in English. Cheers:confused:

Cheers Bane. Have bounced around the links you suggested and following some of the threads has resulted in me finding out some of the basics and also sent me to a site where I might get some joy with the full regs. Will keep you informed on

"The Quest For The Spanish Regs". :D

The story so far:-
Have found out a lot of general information about wiring power and lights on the same 16amp radial, as long as its the same room, ten amp radial for lighting, some places connect the neutral to the earth of the socket to create an earth path:eek:. earth can be in red cable, neutral blue and live black. If the property has 115volt supply a local authority electrician has to be contacted to change the supply to 220 and the local authority notified of the change.
Contacted the EIT site and they have given me the details of a spanish site to contact, so will now have brush up on my spanish.

How do i shout loudly and wave my hands in an email?

As I find out more will keep you informed.

intersting reading this, amongst other dubios things: earth=red and black=live!! wowzers!! i thought when we went from black n red to brown n blue it was to make us similar to europe!. i wouldnt last 5 mins out there before been brown bread!!

It's getting better. Have ben in touch with a British sparks working in Spain. He told me the Spanish will accept the UK qualifications quite happily it's just that you have to go to college to get a Spanish qualification before you can work as a Sparks over there. There are times when I think we could learn from our "European Cousins"!!!!!

It's getting better. Have ben in touch with a British sparks working in Spain. He told me the Spanish will accept the UK qualifications quite happily it's just that you have to go to college to get a Spanish qualification before you can work as a Sparks over there. There are times when I think we could learn from our "European Cousins"!!!!!

???

Are you saying they accept British qualifications - therefore NO Spanish college?

Or despite having British qualifiactions you STILL have to go to a spanish college?

They will accept the UK qualifications however they require you to attend college and pass an exam in Spain before you can start work over there. I reckon this would be similar to the exam you need to work in Australia or New Zealand which ensures that you are aware of the differences in those countries

???

Are you saying they accept British qualifications - therefore NO Spanish college?

Or despite having British qualifiactions you STILL have to go to a spanish college?[/quote]

Yep. And you'd probably have to learn Spanish too. Scandalous eh? Who'd have thought it. Speaking Spanish in Spain...

Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm.

Having now been back in touch with the British sparks it is almost a competancy and familiarisation exam however you have to attend a course at a Spanish college in order to take the exam.

Ok you need to have a good grasp of the spanish language so again I say, sometimes we could learn things from our European cousins.

???

Or despite having British qualifiactions you STILL have to go to a spanish college?[/quote]

Yep. And you'd probably have to learn Spanish too. Scandalous eh? Who'd have thought it. Speaking Spanish in Spain...

No need to jump and down so quick! Wasn´t complaining mate - just trying to establish what he origonally meant.

(By the way, Im in Spain at the moment - and I speak Spanish fluently).

Dixon9, you could be the very person I need. Have just received a copy of spanish wiring regs by their regulatory authority. It's not available in English (or Welsh) so it's all in Spanish (just to please Bane). As far as I can make out their is nothing in there about ordering a beer and steak so I now need someone to translate it for me. Any volunteers????

Just read this thread and many of the links with great interest. I wonder how far you have got with the spanish regs Tony?

Purly hearsay I was told you can have a translator present at the exam. Has anybody found out if there are any collages in the Malaga/Marbela regin that do the course?

PS. Tony, who is the regulatory body in Spain?

Last edited:
Just read this thread and many of the links with great interest. I wonder how far you have got with the spanish regs Tony?

Purly hearsay I was told you can have a translator present at the exam. Has anybody found out if there are any collages in the Malaga/Marbela regin that do the course?
I was told that at my college,all the east europeans were allowed translators.My tutor had a class full of poles and half of them couldn't speak english.This is the only country in the world that would allow that:eek:

This thread is nearly a year old NoSparks, I dont hink you'll be getting a reply from him anytime soon as he hasn't logged in for 6 months.

They will accept the UK qualifications however they require you to attend college and pass an exam in Spain before you can start work over there. I reckon this would be similar to the exam you need to work in Australia or New Zealand which ensures that you are aware of the differences in those countries

This is correct cheers :)

Reply to Spanish Wiring Regulations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock