Discuss Spark Doctor is in Hospital in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mrs-Doctor

Just to let you know, Ian was electrocuted at work this morning and is in hospital. I have just popped home to pick up a few things and are then going back.

Will let you know how he is doing later.

Hi Mrs Doc (Ruth),

Hope Ian's ok.

Give him my best wishes and tell him to get well soon.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick update. Ian is OK, has a very nasty burn on his hand, a dislocated shoulder and is hooked up to a load of monitors. They have put his shoulder back in but is going to have a operation on his hand in the morning.

Will give you more info tomorrow.

What was he upto?

Had a close call myself yesterday, shoved me hand under the boards but couldnt reach to where I wanted so lifted the boards, Lucky I couldnt reach the rodents had been in town & left bare conductors....................would have served me right for not isolating the whole board.

Thats good,im glad hes not too bad,wish him all the best and tell him to take it easy;)

I was there whilst the police were having a quick word with him. Apparently he was working on a very large power system in a factory. He had shut of all the power and had even fitted some sort of special padlock but some moron went into the room with a spare key, removed the padlock and turned the power back on. The police told me he has been arrested and interviewed and his company has suspended him. I will suspend him from a tree if i get hold of him.

I must go now, ian's family are on there way down and will be turning up very soon. I will update you tomorrow.

Thank you all for your messages and i will pass them on to Ian in the morning.

Ruth

I was there whilst the police were having a quick word with him. Apparently he was working on a very large power system in a factory. He had shut of all the power and had even fitted some sort of special padlock but some moron went into the room with a spare key, removed the padlock and turned the power back on. The police told me he has been arrested and interviewed and his company has suspended him. I will suspend him from a tree if i get hold of him.

I must go now, ian's family are on there way down and will be turning up very soon. I will update you tomorrow.

Thank you all for your messages and i will pass them on to Ian in the morning.

Ruth

Thats why under correct isolation procedures the should only be 1 set of keys to padlocks so this does not happen.

Company at fault as well for not having a isolation procedure/permit to work system for carrying out electrical work.

Last edited:
Tell him to make sure he has everything ready for when the HSE comes visiting as this is notifiable under RIDDOR.

By the time they finish with the other idiot no one in their right mind will employ him for what he has done by nearly killing someone like he did. :mad:

Totally irresponsible, incompetant, brain dead and many more things I can't think of at present. Should lock him up and throw away the key.:mad:

Reply to Spark Doctor is in Hospital in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock