Discuss Spark doctor lives in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spark-doctor

I walked toward the light and there was a sign saying " NO MASTURBATION HERE". So i walked back.:mad:

Hi all. A quick note to say A BIG THANK YOU to you all for all your messages on here as well as the PM's to Mrs Doc offering help and support.

Will post later to let you know what happened, but at the moment i am just glad to be back home with Mrs Doc fussing over me :D

Once again, thank you.

I walked toward the light and there was a sign saying " NO MASTURBATION HERE". So i walked back.:mad:

Hi all. A quick note to say A BIG THANK YOU to you all for all your messages on here as well as the PM's to Mrs Doc offering help and support.

Will post later to let you know what happened, but at the moment i am just glad to be back home with Mrs Doc fussing over me :D

Once again, thank you.

Yeh good to see you back.:D

When and if you see the prat who did this I would watch your temper as if it was me he would be visiting the hospital and would be eating his meals through a straw:eek:

As to your first comment could come out with a reply to it but seeing Mrs Doctor comes on this site I will leave it to yours and other peoples imagination;)

Glad you're back.

Just take it easy and let "Mrs Doc" cater for your every whim and desire ;) then relax and watch Singapore>

There was another guy on here monthjs ago who got blew up in very similar circumstances,you could start an exclusive club,
hopefully you wont get many members,
glad your out of hospital anyway ,and wish you a speedy recovery
atvbitwww.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, What happened wassssssss. Putting in a 200A dis board. Had arrived on site with the apprentice at 5.30am and immediately greeted by a night shift maintenance spark with the question "how long will you be, i want to go home". Told him it was going to be about 3 hours but i had been told that all was OK by the owner as you would have some work to do whilst the supply was off. He stomps off complaining. Owner turns up and we chat for a couple of minutes and the spark is mentioned. He says he will have a word. Goes into his office and fills in a signs a method statement that i had prepared and a permit to work that he had prepared (apprentice also signs and makes himself feel important). He issues me a key for the electric room. I then brief the apprentice as this is his first time for this type of work and issue him with a new padlock for the multi lock off with a warning that if he looses the key i will make him walk home.

Disconnect and lock of supply with 2 padlocks.

So all good. Apprentice mounting new board whilst i open bus bar chamber, drill and tap and connect SWA. Call in apprentice and show him what i have done and how. He pleads with me to let him gland the other end but i say no then realize that i have 2 meters extra so i would let him have a go on the end and if it is OK he can gland into the dis board. He makes a complete pigs ear of it, i have a good laugh and take a picture and explain where he went wrong. I then gland and start connecting. Now i have a odd habit of always terminating Grey first then black then brown. I had terminated Grey and black but had only placed the brown cable in the mains isolator and the apprentice asks a question so i stop and whilst explaining the night shift spark comes in and demands to know how long i will be. Thinks to myself screw you matey and tells him we are off for a cuppa. He stomps off. Spend another 10 Min's explaining bits to the apprentice, he asks a lot of questions. Tells him i will just tighten this last terminal and we will get a cuppa. Picks up ratchet , extension and Allen key socket, goes to tighten Allen screw and the next thing i know i am waking up in an ambulance half naked with a blubbering apprentice by my side. (started to worry a bit now)

Turns out the maintenance spark has a spare key for the electric room (which he should not have), lets himself in and thinking we have gone for a cuppa decides to bend the lock off tabs and re-energies to check his work, de-energies and bend lock off tabs back and then go home.
Sorry Mrs Doc explained this bit wrong.

Throw me 12 feet across a room into a plasterboard wall, left shoulder hit one of the studs and was dislocated, large burn all the way across my left hand which "cooked" the flesh in my palm, thats why i had to have the op to cut out the damaged flesh and it also damaged the nerve. Apparently when the ambulance got there my heart was in fibrillation and i had to be jumped started to get it running at 50Hz again. Concussion from hitting head on wall and a few bumps and grazes.

Then a few days in hospital with Mrs Doc blubbering by my side. Did not even get a bed bath.

Have been interviewed by police and HSE. It has been reported to RIDDOR. The spark has been arrested and bailed and i found out this morning he was dismissed. The only one i feel sorry for is the owner of the company. Even though we followed all the rules he will end up being prosecuted.

But i get 3 months of work:D:D:D Happy days.

All I can say Ian is that you were bloody lucky, it could easily have been a hell of a lot worse and I would not be posting this reply now. Just pleased that you are able to tell the tale.

f**k me!!!!:eek:

what a complete w**ker! thank god your alright!! what was he thinking:confused:

There are some dodgy sparks down here..but he shouldnt be trusted with scissors let alone anything else

The same thought has crossed my mind Tony. Mrs Doc will not let me out of her sight at the moment and keeps fussing. I don't mind admitting that i have shed a couple of tears over this.

I have had quite a few belts in my time but always my fault. Seems a bit strange when you did everything right.:(

f**k me!!!!:eek:

what a complete w**ker! thank god your alright!! what was he thinking:confused:

There are some dodgy sparks down here..but he shouldnt be trusted with scissors let alone anything else

I am not sure he even knows.

Mate that is awful but hey - what car with the compo? Fewawi? Posrsche?? Pay the mortgage off?????

You deserve a few quid fella.

i dont know what to say! ,apart from were with you all the way ,its so irrisponsable he should be done for attempted murder,b@stard

just to satisfy my mind and im sure others wish to knolw as well ,what make of switch was locked off ,i cant quite get my head around how he turned it on ,but he was so fackin stupid ,i suppose what he did defies logic

anyway all the best again with your recovery and please take it easy

just to satisfy my mind and im sure others wish to know as well ,what make of switch was locked off ,i cant quite get my head around how he turned it on ,but he was so fackin stupid ,i suppose what he did defies logic

It was a 630A MEM isolator panel. I just turned the panel off and locked it through the handle. Suppose i should of removed the fuses.

The police told me that even if he had managed to do the work i would of noticed the damage to the lock off straight away. It is in a plastic bag with evidence written all over it now.

F**K ME !!!

without patronising ,you did everything right .if you had removed the fuses he would have gone and got some .

i knew electrical burns are serious (they cook from the inside so they are worse than they look) but i didn't want to worry mrs doc .,also an overnight stay.....

you were lucky and i hope the b*****d burns for this

without patronising ,you did everything right .if you had removed the fuses he would have gone and got some .

I agree with Wayne 100% on this. It is called a lock off for a reason, you lock the device in an off situation. Even on the 2391 course, which goes heavily into lock offs and safety, the need to remove fuses is not deemed necessary. The actions of this person (I will not call him an electrician because his actions are not those of one) were, as others have said, down right dangerous, irresponsible and criminal.

I hope that the new members who are just starting their college courses will learn from this thread.

Whilst on that subject, and not meaning to take anything away from your "lucky escape" how is your apprentice?

Again, glad that you here to write the entries.

Tony

Reply to Spark doctor lives in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock