Discuss Spd connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi need a bit of help!
Not wired one of these before, it’s an spd type 2 that’s come with board (fuse box)!
Question is does the line from the spd connect in same bus bar connection on main switch???

You need to check the data sheet.

Some can go direct on to the main live bus as they only need 160A of fusing as last-resort protection so the DNO cut-out is deemed acceptable, others say to put them on a 32A MCB.

Some can go direct on to the main live bus as they only need 160A of fusing as last-resort protection so the DNO cut-out is deemed acceptable, others say to put them on a 32A MCB.

thanks for the fast reply?
yep it doesn’t require an mcb.
It came pre wired with its live going in the bus slot! I was just wondering if this was the correct way of doing so?
(Sharing the same slot with the bus)?
Thanks again

Quite a lot are direct on to the bus, less parts and lower series inductance. Usually they are plug-in modules so you can remove them for insulation testing.

Reply to Spd connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi got a 8 panel solar system on bungalow, changing the board to 18th edition spd board Solar feed is chased into wall so will this need a type B...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Is there a reg anywhere that states that you have to use the same make SPD inside a consumer unit. I know there are with MCB's as they obviously...
Replies
Views
Now that SPD's must be fitted regardless, how does this stand from a sub-main perspective? Went to look at a job and they want a supply to a pre...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock