Discuss special location - jacuzzi in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi folks
im currently doing annual EICRs on leisure centre swimming pools and wet areas.
The jacuzzi i found, has the control gear/pump equipment adjacent to it, which does not comply with the regs. On speaking to the NICEIC, they said its a C2 and i should put it in writing to the council immediately. The equipment is as you can see in the photos. 400v. no RCD/separation/PELV and is located in Zone 1.
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are really.special location - jacuzzi IMG_0601 - EletriciansForums.netspecial location - jacuzzi IMG_0605 - EletriciansForums.netspecial location - jacuzzi IMG_0606 - EletriciansForums.netspecial location - jacuzzi IMG_0603 - EletriciansForums.net

Looks like it's been there a while.

In picture three is the fuse carrier on the SFCU cracked and rusty?

And signs of water ingress in picture 2.

C2 for me. Any previous reports available?

Edit: Got Ninja'd about the previous reports bit...

Are they going to close this facility down?

Without having eyes on the installation it's hard to say but I would be considering a danger notice, even just to cover my own arse. Only takes someone to get a little over excited in there and it's boiled pork for dinner. Danger, High Voltage and all that.

:walkman:

Last edited:
I think the main problem here, is that the electrical enclosure is not suitable for purpose, rather than it's proximity!! Hard to tell from the photograph's, if the existing set-up is in an enclosure that is not accessible to the general public or not!! Basically all this equipment should be provided within a suitably locked and protected IP enclosure.

Most Jacuzzis and hot tubs have integral RCD protection in the equipments control panels. Not saying this is the case in this instance, as it's been stated the installation is 25 years old.

Good news, nice to see something get actioned for a change...

poor overall,so if its been in service for 25 years and had some extensive use,definetly time for them to pay for upgrades,cant see any argument over that otherwises they will lose revenue if its shut down.

yesterday we got a swimming pool installer in for a second opinion. he said it was the worst he'd ever seen. the council has now condemned it.

Some of the worst electrical installations i've seen, have been by so-called ''swimming pool installers'', so personally i wouldn't put too much credence in them myself. ..lol!!!

Reply to special location - jacuzzi in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock