Discuss Specific colours for warning notices/labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Hi folks!

Been designing my own set of labels and stickers for labelling consumer units and other bits of electrical wizardry.

Just wondering if there was any set colours for warning notices, now i don't just been prohibition notices have a red circle around them etc i mean specific CMYK colours for yellow back grounds or earthing symbols.

This is probably being abit ---- about it all but "do it right do it once!"

I am currently browsing different industrial sign and sticker sites, downloading an image of their sticker then using the eye dropper tool from adobe to 'rip' the exact colour.

Any replies are appreciated!

Max

warning notices are usually black on yellow. some good examples in the bgb.

Yeah ive got the ones in my regs book, i was being slightly more specific as to what colour of yellow, even more specific the exact CMYK numbers!

As i've been setting up the business all of the graphical stuff im doing/having done really comes down to the CMYK numbers because stuff by one printing company can look totally different to another.

Thats what i meant by i am probably being abit ----.

I buy my normal warning notices from my wholesalers who just use IS Industrial Signs, who are good but if i design and have my own stickers printed the cost comes down dramatically.

But thanks for the reply Tel much appreciated.

wtf is cmyk? i don't think it's anything to do with colour my yellow kayak.

cmyk is a method of specifying colours by their constituent colours. Cyan Magenta Yellow and Black. Think inkjet printers and you'll be on the right lines. Daz

- - - Updated - - -

Pantone is another system, where each colour has a reference number and any printing company's results should be the same as the others. Daz

are you going to be printing these labels yourself, if so i wouldn't recommend a inkjet printer, regs state as to be of such durable material as to likely to remain easily legible throughout the life of the installation, if you do them on an inkjet then it only takes a bit of moisture or to be wiped with a damp cloth and they smear, look into getting a thermal printer, you can buy yellow or white blank labels then just thermal print direct onto them, i just bought 1250 yellow thermal labels (size 100mm x 150mm) for £13 delivered, already had a roll of white the same size, i can print any label with whatever i need at the time, usually print about 10 each of the main ones and keep them in the vehicle, depending on which label it is you can fit a few on each label then just cut out as needed and they wont smudge if they get damp or wiped

i wasn't intending on printing them myself. There is a local graphics company who will print whatever i want off on to rolls of vinyl.

However the thermal printing option does sound interesting. Is it possible to print multiple colours though?

they do some thermal printers that can do 2 colours but they are expensive, i just use the 1 colour which prints black, then just use different coloured rolls,if they are going to do your labels cheap for you then probably not worth investing in a printer, you can pick a decent 1 up which can take the wider rolls for about £80

Reply to Specific colours for warning notices/labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock