Discuss Spiders in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spudmiester

I worked with a big hard bloke once, who you would not mess with. However he was s**t scared of spiders, and boy did we find some big 'uns on the water works jobs.
Rats , mice , no probs. Spiders and he would eat Linford Christie to the end of the road.

Never had a problem with them myself, our lass hates them, what about anyone else ?

Spiders are OK with me, but the rest of the family hate them. Wifey won't kill them herself and wants me to do it, and then moans that I'm rubbish at doing it! "do it yourself then" gets a volley of abuse naturally.

Only thing I have a phobia of is cows. No problem eating them - just won't walk in a field with them.

Spudmeister

"Spiders and he would eat Linford Christie to the end of the road."

I hope you meant beat Linford Christie!!!

im not a spider lover either, ive got this scenario in my head of been in a loft doing a jb or something, then this big spider lands on me neck, i would go absolubtly nutts, there'd be a number of panic holes from my feet coming through the ceiling.

funny thing is ive only actually seen maybe 2 spiders in lofts, plenty of evidence with webs n all tho

Spiders are OK with me, but the rest of the family hate them. Wifey won't kill them herself and wants me to do it, and then moans that I'm rubbish at doing it! "do it yourself then" gets a volley of abuse naturally.

Only thing I have a phobia of is cows. No problem eating them - just won't walk in a field with them.

Cows, no probs. Helped a farmer once with calfing !

Everyone different though !

Wonder if they have spider issues in the U.S.

Obviously there is the Black Widdow, perhaps mdshunk can enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 18 stone, fought bare knuckle for years, got 2 black belts and a club bouncer covered in tatoos. I squeal and run a mile when I see a spider though!

wiered in it, what about daddy long legs as well!! they always go for me, think im more scared of these!!

I don't mine daddy lanky's at all. However, they do reckon that if they could bite deep then they would be one of the most venemous creatures on the planet!

I do mostly "old work" (work in existing homes and businesses) and mostly do complete rewires. As a result, I get to enter the bowels of buildings where no one has been since the place was built. I joke with the customers that there's no extra charge for spider's web removal, since my hair, face, and indeed my entire body is often covered in old spider web. I'm not scared of spiders, snakes, mice, rats, or bats. (I don't like them either. I neither especially like or dislike them. Just part of the job.) Those are all fairly common things to come across in old work. I did accidentally corner an opossum in a crawl space under an addition on an old farmhouse one time, and there was hardly any room for me to maneuver. That was a little intense. That friggin thing could have easily tore my face to shreds if it took a notion to. It had my heart beating pretty good. I backed out of there and the homeowner hired a trapper to come and get it out.

Found a big muther the other day, its the time of year apparently !

Attachments

• Spiders spider - EletriciansForums.net
    spider.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 9
I have been going round all afternoon bursting into spontaneous laughter with a picture in my head of a bloke chasing a 18 stone hairy arsed, tattooed bouncer with a fake spider on a piece of string and shouting "cirrrrrrrrrrrrusssssssssssss".

Spark doctor is afraid of

1) washing up
2) making/changing bed
3) any household cleaning
4) my mother
5) washing car
6) lady birds
7) me
8) cooking

Mrs Doctor

I will teach him LOL

Ha!

What else can you dish up on him?

Spark doctor is afraid of

1) washing up
2) making/changing bed
3) any household cleaning
4) my mother
5) washing car
6) lady birds
7) me
8) cooking

Mrs Doctor

I will teach him LOL

What else can you dish up on him? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Spiders in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock