Discuss split board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mark, have you bonded the armoureds with fly leads, can't see any in the pic, whats your thoughts on bonding them
Regards
AJ

Ok i like your honesty, but what was the point of the 'banjo's' and bolts, i do feel that the armourings do require earthing we always use brass bolts and 4mm fly leads, if the armouring is not the cpc then we would only bond the supply end of the cable
regards
AJ:)

honest answer
sometimes i flylead sometimes i dont if someone gives me a reg no i will do it every time
there are 1000s of un flyleaded banjos out there infact 1000s of un banjoed glands
what do others do in reality

sorry for going off thread
op was looking for a stacked cu

Yea sorry for going off topic, as far as i can see its an exposed conductive part which i would definitely liked to see earthed.
Regards
AJ

Jason is right.

The idea of the banjo is for earthing the sheath when useing a PVC enclosure or enclosure where the earth could be 'dodgy'. if you know that the gland itslef is obtaining a good earth then there is no need for the banjo.

Sorry to bring up the topic of bonding the armourings, but my thoughts are the armouring needs to be adequately earthed as iam sure you will agree, i agree that if the enclosure in not finished in a non conductive coating then a fly lead may not be necessary or if as Jason says a Pirina nut is used.(have not seen them but assume that they cut in to the paint/powder coating).
Just using a banjo and bolt in an enclosure that has powder coating on is not sufficient as the only point of contact is between the hole and the thread. you could spend time cleaning the coating off to grantee a sound electrical connection, or just install a fly lead
Belt and braces are not a bad thing
Regards
AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bring up the topic of bonding the armourings, but my thoughts are the armouring needs to be adequately earthed as iam sure you will agree, i agree that if the enclosure in not finished in a non conductive coating then a fly lead may not be necessary or if as Jason says a Pirina nut is used.(have not seen them but assume that they cut in to the paint/powder coating).
Just using a banjo and bolt in an enclosure that has powder coating on is not sufficient as the only point of contact is between the hole and the thread. you could spend time cleaning the coating off to grantee a sound electrical connection, or just install a fly lead
Belt and braces are not a bad thing
Regards
AJ
I concur; even if you were installing into a galvenised JB It is prudent & best practice to fly lead the banjo's. In an industrial installation this is standard practice.

One other thing Mark, nice & neat work ~ but where are your circuit idents (especially for the Neutrals) Reg 514.3 apart from that (& fly leads) ~ full marks:D ~ critical sandwich;) ~

One other thing Mark, nice & neat work ~ but where are your circuit idents (especially for the Neutrals) Reg 514.3 apart from that (& fly leads) ~ full marks:D ~ critical sandwich
split board {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
~

hi bud
514.3.1 cores shall be identified by
(i) colour as required by 514.4 and/or
(ii)letters or numbers as per 514.5

to me as long as the colours are correct then its ok or 514.3.1 would not say and/or
i maybe clutching at straws:D

just been on a job

and used the gool ol wylex split

looks like theres a few lecs looking for 1

IET Forums - split board

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to split board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock