Discuss Split load and HI board question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sambotc

I've got a consumer unit to change which is tight for space. It's a neighbours house and when I did my board at home I used an 8 way wylex and RCBOS, this worked out ok but it might be a bit dear for the customer compared to a dual RCD set up. The only issue is the customer had a burglar alarm and I think it is getting on a bit so I wanted to leave it on an MCB which is where the high integrity board would suit the job. The problem being most of the ready to go HI boards are to big for the space I have got.

Can I shift the RCDs up on a 10 way wylex split load and put a 6a MCB in before the first RCD or will it need a third neutral bar?

Cheers in advance

I've got a consumer unit to change which is tight for space. It's a neighbours house and when I did my board at home I used an 8 way wylex and RCBOS, this worked out ok but it might be a bit dear for the customer compared to a dual RCD set up. The only issue is the customer had a burglar alarm and I think it is getting on a bit so I wanted to leave it on an MCB which is where the high integrity board would suit the job. The problem being most of the ready to go HI boards are to big for the space I have got.

Can I shift the RCDs up on a 10 way wylex split load and put a 6a MCB in before the first RCD or will it need a third neutral bar?

Cheers in advance
That would need a third neutral. Can you not go for a halfway house approach. 1xRCD and RCBO's/MCB's to suit.

Quite possibly, didn't think of that.

I've just checked with CEF and the wylex 5+5 board is in fact a HI so has 3 bus bars so should be OK.

Thanks for the advice though, i'll remember that option for next time!

BG do 3 way split, configured however you like. if i rem. it's 14" wide.

Reply to Split load and HI board question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net