Discuss Splitting 200A supply ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ok, i have a DB with a 200A supply from a 75mm SWA 4C

They want to re-supply another board in the same area from this supply, the other board has 25mm singles in metal trunking running past this DB so i can pull them into it easy enough.

i cannot put the tails init this DB as its an old Siemens DB and i won't be able to get 100A MCB for It.

So my thinking was, pull the 75mm SWA out of the DB, as it runs down the wall and into it bottom entry, then i will need a 100A switch fuse to the other board, but cannot get 75mm into it, so maybe a small busbar chamber then 2 100A switch fused isolators under it, one supplying the existing DB and one going to the other one to be Re-suppied.

Im trying to get some ideas can you think of any other ways to achieve what i need to achieve?

75mm ??? .... thats a new size on me! I take it you mean 70mm ;)

Other methods are a mccb powerboard this way no need for outgoing fused isolator but still costly as the devices are not cheap.

If you go for a busbar you will need a 200amp isolator for it as local means of isolation if its remote to the 200amp upstream fuses then your outgoings as you suggested.

Sorry yes 70mm
Well the upstream fuses are about 6M away in sight so maybe no need for the isolator.
I may see how much the mccb board would be, this would be a preferable way depending on cost, as always. Then again an isolator big enough to accommodate 70mm cable isn't going to be cheap!

Sorry yes 70mm
Well the upstream fuses are about 6M away in sight so maybe no need for the isolator.
I may see how much the mccb board would be, this would be a preferable way depending on cost, as always. Then again an isolator big enough to accommodate 70mm cable isn't going to be cheap!

At these sizes of cable you need to have experience with the various brands to pick an choose the best option or get an isolator and extension box to allow more room for sweeping the cores into if your new to this kind of work.

Come on infinity you need to do some of the donkey work ... we have kindly given advice and opinions so surely its not eyond your abilities to drop into your local wholesaler and ask questions as already mentioned... some of them have design teams although tied to specific brands .... this might be a way to go on your first venture down this road then you know next time what you will require.

Reply to Splitting 200A supply ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net