Discuss Spot the mistakes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sambotc

[video=youtube;xDl5ooO6k44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xDl5ooO6k44[/video]

How many mistakes can you see in this video?

Last edited by a moderator:
works fine now...

1. Should have done this install cruciform if possible?
2. Top panel too near the ridge
3. All the rows of panels have the rails to close together meaning there is a large percentage of the panel exposed to wind uplight. So wouldn't be within the panel warantee
4. I don't think any grinding of the tiles was done though its not always necessary

Thats all I can think of but pretty shocking job, might look ok but definately poor installation in terms of the mounting rails

How many times did they move those bottom rails as well!

Can't believe a manufacturer would recommend both rails being within one half of the panel, bet they flap around like nobody's business. (0.54 in the video shows it best)

Not sure why you would use this video to advertise your business on youtube?

I wonder if that really was the last panel to go on aswell, as the bracket is outside the array which I think is poor worksmanship

I wonder if they actually bothered to measure the gaps between the rails and compare to panel width at all!! Terrible overhangs, as above, bet they flap like a tarts knickers (and bang like one too!)
Tiles seem to sit down ok, so that's ok I think. looks close to the ridge, but might be paralax. Sometimes because of joist spacing to avoid excessive overhang the end bracket has to go outboard of the array. I don't like it but have had it a couple of times. Always try to manouver things so it's not in a very visible position. So far only 100mm or so.

We always used to knock a 4"x2" noggin in between the 2 rafters if there was no other way, the contractors we were working for wouldn't have brackets outside the array. Normally only the one right in the eaves which is a pain to fit! Nothing like laying down in fibreglass on a summers day..

What tickles me is the name of the company on the video so you lot can't nick the video and put it on your own websites.

I counted the panels moggy and there was 66 or did I watch it to many times ..plus they were going to fast for my litte eyes to keep up and you hit me with that hammer lasts night...

Reply to Spot the mistakes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock