Discuss spotlights in bathrooms , from 12v to 240v in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mr smith

next one , lads, bathroom spots
outside of zone one.
above the 2250 , directly above the bath
ip and fire rated.
240v led spots.
existing installation not rcd protected.

If it’s outside the zones then it’s outside the zones.
Do confirm Zs to the lighting points, as the old ones were SELV and they may not have got that right. If you are adding more lights then it needs RCD now whether it’s in a bathroom zone or not :) .

Last edited:
Why are you asking all these questions. Are you doing an EICR.
I have been asked to do eicr's and its a minefield of debatables and questionable answers.
I asked the questions here because , i thought , this was the place to ask them.
I come from a commercial background but domestic eicr-ing is something new to me.
Lots of years in the trade , 2391 , D&V ,(get her) but domestic is a whole new animal that I wish I hadn't petted , even with the new 18th ed codebreakers its more ballbreakers tbh.

If it’s outside the zones then it’s outside the zones.
Do confirm Zs to the lighting points, as the old ones were SELV and they may not have got that right. If you are adding more lights then it needs RCD now whether it’s in a bathroom zone or not :) .
my thoughts also, thanks

Hello
Writing quick, in rush, miss out words, must go
my apologies , although i was in a rush... finding 230v spots in a bathroom threw me , but with the zoning changing from the 17th , no addition to the 2250 above a shower , then its ok now to have them in.
or am I missing something.
thanks in advance.

... but with the zoning changing from the 17th , no addition to the 2250 above a shower , then its ok now to have them in. Or am I missing something.
thanks in advance.
Hi - I’ve only got Amd3 of 17th and the 18th to hand, But I can’t see a change to zones that affects this (fig 701.1) or to what can be used in the zones (reg 701.55). Maybe an earlier edition?

Surely common sense will prevail

Sealed unit outside zones doesn’t even warrant commenting on

If it was an open fronted unit then it might warrant a C3

Reply to spotlights in bathrooms , from 12v to 240v in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock