Discuss Spray Paint Oven in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

evo121

Hi All, first time posting, just like say what a great site ,very informative.

After testing the oven, which comprises of 3-phase motors , control panel and cable to isolator/motor.
What certificate would you use ?

Thanks in Advance

evo121

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you installed it or inspected it?

EICR if you've inspected it......EIC if you've installed it with a new circuit....MW if you've connected it to an existing point.

A spray paint oven may come under Ex regs. Can you give more info on the oven and its use?

Hi All, Thank for replying: here is the spec:

it is a stand alone unit which will be used in the auto industry for drying parts of cars\engines that have been painted/pcoated.

The unit will be installed in car plant, and approx size of unit is L 6M X W 4M X H 4M

Comprising 1 x control panel , supply to panel 3 phase n+e cable size 70mm2 to, 400amp 3ph + N isolator / supply cable to be installed by sparks on-site

On- Board there is 3 x 3ph fan motors ,1 x 3ph hoist (for lifting oven door) fixed above door

3 banks of single phase heaters ,6 heaters per bank

24Vdc control psu.

cant give you motor / heater rating as i have not been give the full spec sheets and drawings yet ,i got the info above from project eng.

i have been asked to inspect /test and supply cert to customer,, which cert would apply to job? do i put motors /heaters results on separate sheet ?

no lighting, panel build and supplied by others

hope this helps

Evo

Sounds to me as though you will need a 3 signature installation cert,so designer,installers and yourself testing/inspection all need to sign.

PAT test.??? :49:

Haha, i once went to do an PIR, and the only sticker the cu had on it was a PAT test sticker with some randome guys initials, and the test date and next date.

To be fair, he did have the recommended next test date to 10years...........obviouslly competent then :laugh:

Thanks robsparky i will use that form, Which section of the cert is used for test results for the motor/heaters As there will be a lot of readings to input on the cert

Thanks Again

evo

I do not see this as a electrical installation its a piece of equipment is it not ? what would a factory or manufacturing company do, when they send this type of equipment out, as far as testing is concerned I would say insulation testing/ R1+R2 only, as the supply its connected to is only temporary is it not ? so cant be shown on the certificate can it ?

so I wouldn't normally expect to test fixed equipment using a electrical installation test certificate, the only thing I would test would be the supply to it.

Or am the only one who thinks this way ?

Are all the ancillary items of equipment, controls motors etc. fed from the control panel for the "assembly"?
That is, is there a single connection to the fixed electrical installation in the form of a single cable 70mm Sq from a DB with a protective device feeding on to the control panel which has its own isolator?

I do not see this as a electrical installation its a piece of equipment is it not ? what would a factory or manufacturing company do, when they send this type of equipment out, as far as testing is concerned I would say insulation testing/ R1+R2 only, as the supply its connected to is only temporary is it not ? so cant be shown on the certificate can it ?

so I wouldn't normally expect to test fixed equipment using a electrical installation test certificate, the only thing I would test would be the supply to it.

Or am the only one who thinks this way ?

In a simple word ...YES!! Your thinking in Domestic terms, and this is way outside of Domestic!! lol!!

Hi ,I was told by our projects guy that the customer is running in the supply cables to the panel, with 70mm singles 3 phase +N+E , to a 400A Isolator in panel, just had a quick look at the drwg for panel -(third party)

6 x 63A tp mcb's type C for heaters ,
3 x 6A tp mcb's type C for the fan motors,and
6A x1 tp type C for the door hoist .

Cheers
Evo

not really , any equipment no matter its size or complexity , is still equipment and any of the standard bs7671 test certs would be inappropriate.

Who's talking about BS7671?? This substantual equipement still needs an initial installation and periodic testing, no matter what BS standard is followed. The confusion here, is that the majority of those on the forum only know of BS7671 and it's guides. In industry it's a whole new ball game, that BS7671 plays only a very small part of...

If this equipment is installed in a Motor company, ask the Area Foreman or the Engineering office, for a copy of their standard testing format sheets. Though beware, that you may not have all the test equipment required to cover all of the tests listed ...lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Engineer54 that they need testing, but I still maintain that fixed wiring is what we test using the standard electrcial certs equipment just is not covered , non of the certs we use cover for equipment testing

Reply to Spray Paint Oven in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock