Discuss Spur off a power breaker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all.
I currently have a double socket with 3x wires in the back. One set is going to a single power breaker ( which then goes through the wall). Not sure what it does or protects as it came with the house. I wanted to spur off to a single socket behind the tv. Would I be better changing the breaker to a single plug and spurring off that or chock blocks and a blanking plate....... or nothing.
Thanks

Spur off a power breaker 49DC4212-4D48-4C36-A673-0C062A191A3C - EletriciansForums.net

Spur off a power breaker 37FDBC24-B67F-46C0-96EE-C1F0F5366AC5 - EletriciansForums.net

Spur off a power breaker EA2A60DE-883E-4A24-B74A-838806D41BBC - EletriciansForums.net

The power breaker was put in to give rcd protection to something. You don’t know what it supplies?
What is on the other side of the wall? Outside socket, shed or is it interior? Whirlpool bathtub or something?

If the whole house is rcd protected, or at least just the circuit in question, then the power breaker can be removed and a switch fused connection unit put in its place.

You could connect the tv socket to the output of the spur alongside the cable going through the wal. Not a huge additional load.

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. Nothing I can see. The other side is the bathroom which may have had an electric towel heater. I disconnected it and all the sockets still seemed to work.

As there is nothing in the house that requires such a load. Wouls there be an issue with changing it to a socket? I was going to spur off from the breaker but thought better of it. Lol

see post#3. that's my final advice.

Reply to Spur off a power breaker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock