Discuss spur off spur legal? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tommyaweek

Hi
I want to spur off a spur
The main socket is in bedroom which is spurred to hallway and I would like to spurbthat into cupboard for dishwasher and dryer that is going in there
The spurred socket in hallway is usuallybused for hoover
Also fuse box is in cupboard
Advice?
How would I do it or can I do it
Really appreciate advice

No mate, don't. If you're not a sparky, which from your question I'm guessing you're not, get one in to advise properly

Last edited by a moderator:
If fuse board is in cupboard it would be very easy for an electrician to properly extend the existing ring main.

The appliances you are talking about are also fairly high current items.

Do it once, do it properly

Lol to all comments
Na I called electrician from yellow pages and he said you can but I thought you weren't allowed
I think he just wants extra money

No, you're not going to be able to do that. You can spur off a spur if the whole leg is fused, ie to 13A, but have any 2 of the 3 appliances on at the same time and you'll probably blow the fuse, which is bad design.

If the consumer unit is in the cupboard you're much better off getting the socket wired straight from the board.

Reply to spur off spur legal? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock