Discuss Spurring of Shower isolator. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Perret

Really screwed for access here. Can I spur a socket off of a shower switch? Would I have to put a 13A fuswed spur inbetween?

Cheers now!

Cooker ,Immersion,Shower are what i call dedicated circuits plus I have seen a wall light in a bathroom spurred off a shower circuit and the customer could not understand what the problem was ie 40 amp fuse protecting a 5 amp rated cable

Cooker ,Immersion,Shower are what i call dedicated circuits plus I have seen a wall light in a bathroom spurred off a shower circuit and the customer could not understand what the problem was ie 40 amp fuse protecting a 5 amp rated cable
Nothing wrong with that. The 1.0mm T+E that did run to my garage lasted for years... Until I moved in, snippety, snip...

It could be done safely with a FCU but it is a big no-no reg-wise. As stated above, the fixed appliance needs to be on a dedicated circuit. I certainly wouldn't put my name to it.

Whats the difference between the original question and a cooker control unit with a socket ?
And if the cable to the socket is wired in 6mm ?

fuse it within 3m , tin hat they sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...... its not normal do this........... ive never seen it done, and im getting about

I would say if it's on a 32a fuse go for it just protect your cable to spur don't think switched spur terminals are rated any higher before they melt.

It's the fact that you would need to get a 3rd 10mm2 cable in to the pull cord and then terminate that in a patress with the 10mm connected to the supply side of a FCU!, good luck with that!!

I don't thin that's the issue as you could back fuse up to 3m, so if it's going to a 13a fcu. Then it could be 2.5.

I just don't see that it complies, an there must be a better way. I wouldn't do it myself.

Reply to Spurring of Shower isolator. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net