Discuss spurs on a ring in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

diditrain

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, when testing a ring main you discover some spurs, however the spurs are not from the socket outlets.
How far do you delve to discover where they are spurred from. Do you start hunting for joint boxes or would you put this down as a limitation?
Delved deep recently and found three spurs to socket outlets all from one J/B. My concern is that if you dont know where they come from how can you be sure that it is not a spur from a spur?
All views appreciated

I think its a pain but you have got to find out whats going on if its a right dogs dinner and you dont pick it up your credability goes straight out the window.

Have you isolated one circuit at a time at the DB to identify what circuit they are on

Chris

It depends in why you are testing.

If its for a PIR, then some reports have a disclaimer about not going in lofts, lifting boards etc.

If its for a CU change then this can be noted on the cert.

I think that you should note down on the paperwork that origins of spurs off R.F.C were inspected & tested As far as Practicable and were undetermined.....if its a P.I.R. .then Code 3.However if these spurred socket outlets supply or are likely to supply fixed heating loads or are in a kitchen then i think it could Merit a Code 2.

spark1

Reply to spurs on a ring in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock