Discuss Spurs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spudnik

Your thoughts gentlemen please.

Kitchen RFC.

Double socket, spur down to single socket for fridge.

Spur also from same double socket to SFCU for boiler.

So, in effect, 4 cables into back of double socket.

Any reason why not?

I thaught that only one spur per double socketwas allowed under the regs? Im assuming its on a ring main and that the room is not bigger than the area specified in the regs?

Not sure of numbers, not got books at home.

Although I am industrial, so im just going off what very little memory I have of the regs back at college many moons ago

so Jason if i get you right there is 4 x 2.5 at the socket terminals? Thought they may be getting a bit tight?

I would think about combining them into the ring if possible.

use this link, its from the red book, it shows rings and radials...what can and cant do

you may want to print this off if you have one of the first copies of the new regs to update them

www.------.org/publishing/wiring-regulations/updates/bs7671-2008-corrigendum-jul08.cfm?type=pdf

:)

Good luck at getting all them 2.5mm in 1 connection:confused:

Your thoughts gentlemen please.

Kitchen RFC.

Double socket, spur down to single socket for fridge.

Spur also from same double socket to SFCU for boiler.

So, in effect, 4 cables into back of double socket.

Any reason why not?
Can't you extend 1 of the legs and put both spurs on the ring.Shouldn't be a problem then:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry peeps, i let this one run without checking back.

Its existing at the moment.

Just to confirm, its a double socket on a kitchen RFC, which spurs to a boiler SFCU at 3A.

Then the fourth cable (from the same DS), drops down to a single socket behind a freestanding fridge.

Now as Mark said, although not ideal, i really cant see a problem, apart from being a little cramped in the back of the socket. It has a 35mm back box with standard white accessories.

Surely, from a loading point of view, its not a lot different than having two DS next to each other with a spur off of each socket?

I stand to be corrected...again.

Areb you not putting a switch spur in to control the fridge?, if so you could easily adjust to add the switched spur to the ring then spur off for the boiler

Areb you not putting a switch spur in to control the fridge?, if so you could easily adjust to add the switched spur to the ring then spur off for the boiler

Nooooooooooooo.

Its a PIR im doing.

What i am describing is already there.

Edit: Just realised i posted in the wrong forum.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
you are only meant to have 1 spur unit for every skt outlet on a ring. anymore and your asking for trouble.

Reply to Spurs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock