Discuss Square D RCBO's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Just wondering if any one uses these ,every one does round here , i hate the things to be honest ,reason tripping times and the curly lead , i have a school contract and weve been upgrading the CDU's speked for square D All RCD protected circuits ,not dual boards etc ,fine for just one RCBO' but a board with 24 in you end up with a mass of curly wires arghh , and every time i do the RCD tests they are always higher than 40ms on x 1 , the only RCD i use that does average x 1 test 44.6ms x 5 36.2ms so any one have any ideas on best way to install curly leads loads of them and thoughts on the tripping times:)

re curly ends
put a screwdriver inside the coil and drag it away from the rcbo. this will make it uncurl.
cut to length, dont leave the excess.
not sure why you are getting high readings?
with out being rude have you got the tester set right? some have different waveforms for different rcbos. have a look at the front of the rcbo.
i know you cant see clearly in the pic, but all n leads are tidy and out the way

Attachments

• dmjuly2010.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Square D RCBO's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
There are 2 inverters feeding into a dorman smith C16 rcbo , every time I visit this site (communal area power) it has tripped. it switches on...
Replies
Views
A few 30mA RCBO's that i have tested recently are tripping lower at x1 than they are at x5, e.g 13.1 x1 13.8 x5, I know both these results comply...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock