Discuss SS cable tie tool? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm doing an increasing amount of stuff with Stainless Steel ties, sometimes for purely decorative reasons, and obviously they're not very friendly even with gloved hands. Are the tension/cut devices worth the money and does anyone have a brand/model recommendation if so?

Have come across a few metal ties recently with an absolutely razor sharp trimmed off end... absolute number if you scrape your hand/arm against it.

should be folded over and pinched imo

This is how flush the cutter I linked to gets them, not perfect but not too bad.

IMG_1100.jpeg

Yep I have the same one too is excellent must have done at least 3-400 ties with it and still mint. City's wanted nearly £100 for a very similar looking one! :eek:

At £22 are you kidding?
I have one like Strima from Amazon too and without a doubt worth every penny.

Yep I have the same one too is excellent must have done at least 3-400 ties with it and still mint. City's wanted nearly £100 for a very similar looking one! :eek:

I'd not looked online, only seen the £90-100 City's one...... just ordered one for £30!

Cheers both

Reply to SS cable tie tool? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just to be clear, this is not for cutting off the excess when installing stainless ties, I already have the Partex tool for that. I mean...
Replies
Views
I suspect I know the answer to this already, but... For some reason, recently I've been getting increasingly ****** off by being undercut by...
Replies
Views
M
All in virtually new condition on used in about a dozen jobs. Milton Keynes or surrounding area- collection. 23” Stanley Fat Max tool box...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
Hi I use cheap cutters from screwfix at £4.99 used to be £2.80 last year . i prefer these to any of the dearer option they also cut 3.5mm screws...
Replies
Views
rocker
R

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock