Discuss SSE charging for FiT burden? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone come across this? End client receives a notification from SSE that they are starting to "recover costs" of FiT payments by showing a separate line on bills reflecting a fixed rate of £0.243/kWh. Is this simply their way of splitting out/demonstrating their costs in supporting the FiT scheme?

TIA

Yes, I have heard of this from several sources over the past few months.

SSE seem to be claiming that the level of payments that they have to make for FiTs (into the central OFGEM FiT Levelisation pot) is higher than they had predicted and so have to charge extra. Applies where they have an agreed long-term contract but with conditions that allow them to vary the tariff for items outside their control, usually commercial tariffs only.

I presume the correct figure is 0.243p rather than £0.243?

As I understand, this was discussed a while back, and it is for all FIT payments for any SSEG, not just for PV, not too sure they will make that clear for the customers though.

Reply to SSE charging for FiT burden? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Post in thread 'Ireland - Customers wanting receipts' by Risteard has been reported by Risteard. Reason given: Content being reported:
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi All got call out to a domestic fault on consumer unit totally separate from the job & client mentions to me that they had Battery storage...
Replies
Views
S
Thought this may be of interest to everyone before 1st August Special Scheme Operating Requirements Top Tips We received revised Scheme...
Replies
Views
babba
B
F
FIT payments - A cut too soon, a cut too Deep and consequences thereof: Why a cut to FIT tariffs is necessary: It is necessary because the FIT...
Replies
Views
babba
B

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock