Discuss Stannah lift on rcbo in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lost-sole

Was doing a periodic the other day and came across all circuits on rcbo's inc stair lift will i have to change this to a normal mcb, just in case rcbo trips when lift is in use leaving the person on it stranded

thanks in advance plase quote a reg Nos if applicable

Dont really see the point of changing anything if the stairlift jams and causes an overcurrent it will still leave the customer stranded. Probably best to inform the customer and get them to contact Stannah and see what they recommend for their appliance.

Chris

Was doing a periodic the other day and came across all circuits on rcbo's inc stair lift will i have to change this to a normal mcb, just in case rcbo trips when lift is in use leaving the person on it stranded

Was the stair lift on it's own circuit or spurred off the ring

Couldn't find anything mate.Just treat it as an appliance,if it goes wrong then it is down to the customer to sort it.Just explain it to them that if the circuit tests fine,then not your problem.Sorry mate who installed the RCBO for the stairlift

Dont know who do it but we do work for council and have some right josworth qs who picks faults at anything he can just wanted some ammo to stick up his ***, same guy pulled me for putting code 4 down " supply conductors to previous regs" he said you have put that but also wrote that they are 25mm, i said yes they are also red and black which correct me if iam wrong is previous regs

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Stannah lift on rcbo in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net