Discuss Starting city and guilds level 2 and 3 soon in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jackmcleod89

Hi
I am starting my level 2 and 3 c&g course on the 15th of February which i have worked 7 days a week and paid alot of money for but I have no experience in electrics I am hoping someone can help me with this if they have any weekend work going nights or days in Kent or London area I live in Gravesend in Kent and have a car to travel would be a massive help for experience and to earn money while on my full time course or if anyone knows of any agencies or anyone they could recommend me too?
Thank you

Its the CLASS room part of electrical installations, i am a bit shocked with cost, i guess thats because of the location.

dont forget there is not SURE thing and no SURE you will pass

and other trades'courses are so cheapin comparison:

brickies.... mortar sticks bricks.. 1 day, £250

joiners.... mdf is the new wood.. 1/2 day, £150

plumbers... pi$$ flows downhill.. 1 hour, £75

plasterers... . slop shyte on floor. 10 minutes, FOC to brain deads.

advanced plastering course.... how to fill sparks' boxes.. 30 minutes, £5000.

Last edited:
Yes but I have saved up a lot of living costs as well and hopefully will get weekend work to pay for my am2 in the week off between the level 2 and 3

I think i paid £1100 for Level 2 £1100 for Level 3 £150 for the PAT course
£650 for 2394 (LCL) and £650 for 2395 (EAL) Think also £50 for 17th (some discount from the college)

£3600 (Thats with VAT) and thats with out the cost of the TEXT books

Best of luck with it Jack as your obviously very determined..it shows how dedicated you are to save/spend that much on the courses. At least they are industry recognised qualifications and you haven't been talked into a two bob domestic installer course. If a few extra jobs come in to the diary from what I've already got booked in/planned I may be able to give you a few days here and there to give you some experience. I'm based Thanet way though.....

Last edited:
Lee that would be very much appreciated I am out of my house 14 hours a day at the moment I'm not scared of a long day haha thanet is down the m2 about 50 mins travel do you want any off my details?

Lee that would be very much appreciated I am out of my house 14 hours a day at the moment I'm not scared of a long day haha thanet is down the m2 about 50 mins travel do you want any off my details?

Yeah that's it not to far. Send me a pm with your email and ill see what I can sort. I have some offices im doing in Sittingbourne atm which Is even closer to where your based.

Not sure you'll be able to do the AM2 in your week off as you suggest unless I've read your post wrong - I think the AM2 can only be done as an end to the NVQ qualification.

As for college costs, my L2 2365 was £1500 and my L3 is rumoured to be in the £3400 range next year. I think it's because college funding has been pulled and I'm over 24. Younger than 24 is £1500 for L3 I think. It's at a local college though so I would imagine the pricing is similar at other colleges too.

Start to finish it's going to be (roughly):

L2 2365 - £1500
L3 2365 - £3400 (so the best part of £5000 for the quals the OP is picking up, similar price)
NVQ & AM2 - £1200
17th - £300

So the best part of £6500 to do it at my local college - still a little cheaper than that 30 week TradeSkills4U course I've seen that offers the same qualifications.

If I want to do the inspection and testing quals I can wave goodbye to another grand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Starting city and guilds level 2 and 3 soon in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net