Discuss Starting from scratch again in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've just registered today & looking for some good advice, I'm thinking I want to restart doing more electrical work, I have qualifications 2330 level 2 & 3 city & guilds 17th edition, I have worked on site a few years ago when the recession hit us back in n 2012 & now I work in a medical organisation repairing consentrators rewiring but boring. But I've done a few jobs fitting new sockets & lamps & it's more what I want to do I enjoy that, I also need to renew my ecs. I'm currently finding it hard to find work as a sparky what are my best options ? An advice is much appreciated

Ian

Welcome Ian, Theres no easy route, you need experience and the only way to get that is to keep asking local electricians if they need somebody, it might be you have to do a bit of free weekend work to get yourself back in, then look at contact various agencies to work as an electricians mate. the only other option i can think of is apprenticeships if you can find one.

I'm debating doing my ecs card again & go down the electrical mate route, also i did a socket & light for a friend the other week & a bathroom light earlier today took pictures & debating a possible advertisement on Facebook with photos & can get references too

Reply to Starting from scratch again in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi Im sure this has been asked a thousand times. I'm 45 and live in n.irleand and am want to start my late journey into becoming an electrician, i...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock