Discuss static caravan site in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bahco

hi guys

ive been offered a job testing a static caravan site, well there more like log lodges tbh, anyway ive never done anyting like this before and could do with some advice.

ive had a quick look at the site and it looks like 10 lodges are fed from a main unit outside each on there own 32a mcb to a rcd unit under the lodge, then from there to a mains board in the lodge looks to be in artic cable, havent been inside one yet to check.

so my plan was to do a pir on each lodge but when i come to test the ze and pfc where would i take it from?

the rcd unit under the lodge or the main unit that supplies the 10 lodges?

bit confused on this one

thanks

Hey mate.

Your Ze and PSC readings are taken at the origin of the installation i.e mains position.

I would then test each lodge and record Zs and PSC for each sub-main seperately under the heading of "characteristics at this distribution board", I would say at the RCD unit as this is technically the "main switch" for each lodge, and this obviously is the fault protection for each lodge so it is this that will trip out under RCD testing. Then test all internal circuits as normal.

Hope this helps.

Reply to static caravan site in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Need some advice, I have 7 static caravans to connect which need to be connected via TT 1. All the vans have a 30ma RCD main switch internally...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
I have a holiday caravan which I upgraded to a residential standard lodge. The old static had a 16 Amp supply which was OK as the oven and hob...
Replies
Views
There’s been a few recent threads about caravans, caravan sites etc, and I thought I’d post up some photos I took today while on one such site...
Replies
Views
Hello, not sure if this is allowed but here goes, I was recently staying on a caravan park along with many others, (touring caravan not static)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock