Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss static problems in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lee mcgregor

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi just went round to a friends sister , as she keeps getting static shock of anything metal she touches .light switches , radiators,any metal basically . she says the problem has got alot worst after a new leather suite and laminate flooring has been put into her living round . everything earthed prop . is there anying she can do to reduce why theres so much static in her and childrens body. any advice appreciated thanks ?????????????:confused:

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Don't wear nylon underwear and shell suits :) Mind you I always get a belt when I take my jumper off and then touch a tap. Worse on dry summer days. Remember kids going down plastic slide then catching them at the bottom - worse static shock I've ever had ! And plastic garden furniture... I could go on...

You feel the shock when the electricity discharges from your finger to the object and an arc occurs. If you touch the radiator/filing cabinet/whatever while holding something resistive you don't usually feel the shock. Then once you are discharged you can touch it without any problem.

Hope this helps

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to static problems in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom