Discuss Stereotypes of each trade... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

bahum

-
Reaction score
What stereotypes do tradesmen and people in general have of each trade. Particularly interested in welders since you don't hear about them that often.

She may only have been the welders daughter,but she had acetylene teets...

I was told that one by me mates grandad,when i asked about lead burning...

Most people have some sort of ludicrous idea that sparks are minted.

If anything I’d say it’s almost 1 of the worst paying trades these days.

I notice a lot of the apprentices have some idea they’re gonna be loaded and it’s also an easy job.

Which is obviously what they’re being told lol

The mate has a second year and was telling me there’s only 4 kids left in his class now. The rest all quit or were given the boot by placements.

Agree, was on a job with a joiner a few months back. Never seen so many power tools in 1 room, actually had to ask him to take some out so I could open my steps out to wire the lights lol

They also seem to take every available power point on a job within minutes of arriving on site lol

Agree, was on a job with a joiner a few months back. Never seen so many power tools in 1 room, actually had to ask him to take some out so I could open my steps out to wire the lights lol

They also seem to take every available power point on a job within minutes of arriving on site lol
Yeah to charge their fracking tool batteries and play their radios!

Some trades are Ignorant, rude and uncaring, 2 occasions spring to mind, one when I was 17 working with a Sparks,Terry was his name, working on a housing development in Bath, the chippies were a family concern from one of the rougher areas of Bristol, about 4 of them, we were first fixing a house and at that time we used to run cables down the cavities in the wall where we could.
On position was close to the stairs and the Chippie was fitting the stair, would you like us to remove the cable we had dropped down the cavity, no that's OK I'll chop out a bit of the block to allow for that, no problem, next time we came back the cable was cut off, and when Terry tackled the Chippie about it he told Terry to F trot O Which upset Terry so he kicked him down the stairs, packed his tools and left site, the Brothers Grimm came a looking for him, but found me instead, some quick talking got me out of a difficult situation, never went back to that site Terry had a breakdown and lost his job.
The other occasion was more recent, I was helping my Son out on a job, he had his tools laid out Bag open in a corner of a room, tiler turns upsets up his tile cutter and promptly filled the bag with tile debris, what a pillock, so some people /Trades create their own persona and get tarred with the same brush, wouldn't catch a Sparkie doing that sort of thing, would you?

Gas engineers round here always seem to have a smoke in the mouth.
(I mean a cigarette!)

That's two things that don't go together in my opinion
Gas engineers and cigarettes don't go together? Just the same as plumbers and cigarettes or electricians and cigarettes. I can't see a problem :rolleyes:

’ tiler turns upsets up his tile cutter and promptly filled the bag with tile debris,’ wouldn't catch a Sparkie doing that sort of thing, would you?
72D74493-40ED-4428-A17B-481177F3EF48.jpeg
Sure about that Pete :p

Gas engineers round here always seem to have a smoke in the mouth.
See where you are coming from .. but
having a collection of lighters ,for when your piezo igniter fails in the cold makes good sense.
(HSE no seeking leaks with a lit match ..!!)
..Are they saving on "Smoke Matches".. If you catch my draught ..

Reply to Stereotypes of each trade... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net