Discuss Steve Willis Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TR7V8

Firstly thanks to you guys for encouraging me to take this course.

Steve Willis training Steve Willis Training - Home is located in Burgess Hill, West Sussex and also Portsmouth and was recommended to me by my brother in law who has grown up from being a small dog to a Gas Safe person ;)

The course was over 5 days plus a day of tests and assesments.

I am an electronics engineer 35 years fixing TV's and the like but also have a fair amount of experience with house electrical instalations including rewires, new build, extensions etc but wanted to get some sort of Qualification for the future (fixing things aint going to last much longer).

I found the first couple of days hard work, at 53 the little grey cells dont want to learn any more but I kept at it hopeing it would all come back to me. Day 3 and it started to sink in and I almost enjoyed the rest of the experience.

The training centre is well organised with hot drinks free all day, the facilities are first rate, all staff are friendly and helpful and the Tutor was superb, many times I have been on courses and been taught things that to this day I realy do not understand, I now have a fundimental understanding of everything I was told, speaks for itself.

The only thing I would suggest is that you ignore the note in brackets on there website that says "This Course is aimed at experienced domestic electrical installers (e.g. kitchen fitters)" you need a fairly broad knowledge of electrical theory and practical experience for this course, a couple of guys failed to attend on the second day due to this wording.

I can highly recomend this training centre and will be back there some time in the future.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't recommend them Highly enough, I've done 2381, 2382,2393, 2391-10 and 2391-20 there. each time I've found them completely professional and extremly knowledgable. The price too is very competitive. Sadly i'll have to wait for the 18th to go again.

I did the Domestic installers course with Steve Willis Portsmouth last year and can't recomend them enough. I had very little electrical experience and managed to come away with my 2391!
They didn't just teach you to pass exams, they covered a lot more than they had to, it was a lot to take in as a novice but the instructor was good and explained it in terms we could understand and didn't move on until we were all happy. The facilities were very good aswell.

We get sent to steve willis in Burgess hill for most of our training, and as said, they are great guys there and really know their stuff.
The tutors are still out there on the tools and do the training part time so they do know real life scenario's to refur things to etc!
I will be back there probably later this year to re-do my 2391, :( , as much as i hate theory and written exams, i dont dread going to this place half as much as i used to with other places.

Reply to Steve Willis Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net