Discuss stick to house bashing !!!! in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, ive rewired my brothers house and have taken a shotgun coax from 5 x points into the loft ! ( I think ive messed up ). they are going to have 5 separate sky + boxes (BIG FAMILY).Can I use a loft box so they can all be used separately with 1 x shotgun coming from LNB ? Is this possible or is there a better way ? thanks in advance ( ill stick to house bashing)

Fine by me, have a word with the aggressor who started it off Tazz, I was in the thread to help, nothing else, apologies for the language, I am sorry mate, but again, I didn't try to start any trouble in the post did I.

I you need to feed 5 sky+ boxes and they all need to record one channel and watch another you wont get an LNB big enough an octo is the biggest one I know of (8 outputs)
However its posible to have a twin feed to 3 sky+boxes and a single to the other 2.
IE a sky+ box only needs 2 feeds if you need to record whilst watching another channel. With only one feed you can only record what your tuned into.

There are multiswitches available not sure how good they are tried one in early days of sky and had problems with horizontal/vertical polarity but this was years ago before twin LNBs

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, ive rewired my brothers house and have taken a shotgun coax from 5 x points into the loft ! ( I think ive messed up ). they are going to have 5 separate sky + boxes (BIG FAMILY).Can I use a loft box so they can all be used separately with 1 x shotgun coming from LNB ? Is this possible or is there a better way ? thanks in advance ( ill stick to house bashing)

Installing a multiswitch for multiple satellite points

Reply to stick to house bashing !!!! in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net