Discuss Stolen Kewtech KT64 S/N:8131422 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Ohmagain

As you can imagine not a happy chappy,
Kewtech KT64 (S/N: 8131422) lifted from the back of the van i'm guessing whilst unloading (though they would have had to be mighty quick).

Was due to do my NICEIC checkup before my year expired, now have to find cash for renewal and new equipment £1044 sooooo not happening right now, or for a while. any eyes out there would be greatly appreciated. Also had company name and number in permanent marker on the units back, Though guessing this will not be there any more.

It was taken in Chatham in Medway, but could be anywhere now. Am going around all the local pawn places tomorrow as it has now been a week, and I ain't holding no breath for the police to find it.

In the unlikely case of it being found please contact me.

Thank you just for taking the time to read this :)

Still cant understand why someone would technically take their work from them... Keep an eye on ebay, gumtree and the likes mate. Best of luck.

The first place I would look is e-bay and then if I saw mine I'd contact the police and let them know I was about to arrange a meeting with the 'seller' so they could drop in at the same time.

Heres the e-bay page which is selling a number of KT64 testers, take a look Kewtech KT64 | eBay!

ps.. I'd keep looking on e-bay every few days over the next month or 2.

As you can imagine not a happy chappy,
Kewtech KT64 (S/N: 8131422)

What's the chances of you having tracked it down TheHunted???? Well I'd say they're pretty good...
Hese's the serial number on the advertised tester;

Stolen Tester.jpg

And it certainly seems to be the same that Ohmagain stated as being his serial number.

Here's the seller details and the advertisement in case it gets taken down;

Stolen tester 1.jpg

Seller.jpg

I'd suggest you go to the police with the info and encourage them to go recover it.

It looks like a local cash converters

Totally amazed at how this has been found, id of thought that was well and truly gone

Good luck on getting it back pal, shouldn't be too difficult, with it being cash converters aswell they should have a log of who pawned it in, lets hope they can catch them !

cash converters need ID too when they buy so may be a better result. Have they blurred out the other serial no and testing cert no on other photos too so well spotted

I didn't see it was a cash converters either but surely that's good news, should be easier to find them than some arb private seller plus they should have records of where it came from so the local doughnut munchers should even be able to catch the perpetrator without burning too many calories :)

The OP hasn't replied Marvo, so may not come on this forum very often. Might be an idea to give him a ring/e-mail if you have those details and let him know its been found.

I don't have a phone number. I'm in two minds, I can email him but it would be unsolicited so could be considered borderline spam. He only started the thread this evening, if he doesn't make a comment tomorrow maybe I'll email then.

I sent him a PM telling him it had been found, maybe he took a look then went to see the constabulary. Hopefully he'll let us know how this pans out.

Reply to Stolen Kewtech KT64 S/N:8131422 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock