Discuss Stolen Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
Not knowing of many problems of panels being stolen off roofs but for information, and if anyone here gets offered them, 16 panels have been stolen of Brooke, Norfolk village hall roof.

I don't have details of what the panels are but they were part of a 48 panel system. It took 9 days for the village to realise 16 panels where missing!

It's often a question asked at survey buy the client but up to now we hadn't known of any problems.

Hmmm...So someone looking for install only in this area.........................

Makes that thread look even more dodgy???

I'm often asked this question also.

I've often doubted the market for stolen panels as an MCS installer is required to fit the product anyway.

Incidentally, we are looking at an install where panel theft is a concern and we are running a cable on a tamper loop through each of the panels back to the alarm panel.

Look at the Schueco anti-theft inserts for the hex heads. Prevents a tool being inserted as its an interference fit and the only way to remove is to grind a T slot in the head. Its therefore a noisy removal process, and thieves dont want to draw attention to themselves. Ive also seen ball bearings hammered into the hex.

I'm often asked this question also.

I've often doubted the market for stolen panels as an MCS installer is required to fit the product anyway.

Incidentally, we are looking at an install where panel theft is a concern and we are running a cable on a tamper loop through each of the panels back to the alarm panel.

That's not a bad idea! Noted for future reference.

Look at the Schueco anti-theft inserts for the hex heads. Prevents a tool being inserted as its an interference fit and the only way to remove is to grind a T slot in the head. Its therefore a noisy removal process, and thieves dont want to draw attention to themselves. Ive also seen ball bearings hammered into the hex.

It's certainly an idea for future reference and a answer to the question when asked.

Reply to Stolen Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net