Discuss Stolen tools in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
My pick up was broken into in the Docklands Travelodge car park on Wednesday night. Kit taken is as follows:
Fluke 1654
Fluke 381
Fluke T6-1000
Fluke 3000 multimeter, DC ammeter, AC ammeter, Voltmeter
Fluke 325
Fluke IR thermometer
Above packed in Fluke storage cases
Bosch 12V FC drill
Bosch 18V FC drill
Bosch 18V jigsaw
Bosch 18V recip saw
Bosch 18V multitool
Bosch 18V vacuum
Bosch GO scredriver
Wera insulated socket set
DeWalt 400mm tough system boxes x 2
Cembre 550dn hydraulic crimp tool
Dymo XTL 500 label printer
Roughly £8-9k
Some of the kit has my company name ULSTEL LTD written on, with a contact number.
I'm not expecting to get anything back, and as not covered by insurance, a fairly hefty loss.
If anyone hears of anything matching the above, I'd be eternally grateful for any info.
I thank you.

My pick up was broken into in the Docklands Travelodge car park on Wednesday night. Kit taken is as follows:
Fluke 1654
Fluke 381
Fluke T6-1000
Fluke 325
Fluke IR thermometer
Bosch 12V FC drill
Bosch 18V FC drill
Bosch 18V jigsaw
Bosch 18V recip saw
Bosch 18V multitool
Bosch 18V vacuum
Bosch GO scredriver
Roughly £8-9k
Some of the kit has my company name ULSTEL LTD written on, with a contact number.
I'm not expecting to get anything back, and as not covered by insurance, a fairly hefty loss.
If anyone hears of anything matching the above, I'd be eternally grateful for any info.
I thank you.

Incredible amount of stolen tools end up being sent to auction by police (or sold directly by them). Worth keeping on top of forces in surrounding areas as well as that which the theft was reported to.

Wish I could offer something more useful ☹️

Have you asked about CCTV or is it only there to catch drivers who park one minute over their ticket time?
I know someone who had their van broken into during the day in a school.
This sort of thing makes me so angry.

Incredible amount of stolen tools end up being sent to auction by police (or sold directly by them). Worth keeping on top of forces in surrounding areas as well as that which the theft was reported to.

Wish I could offer something more useful ☹️

I used to work next door to an auction house that handled goods for the police

The sheer amount of seized power tools , test gear and expensive hand tools that ended up being auctioned was eye watering

I went to a viewing day once there must have been over 50 MFTs up for auction, Fluke , Kewtec, Meggers

There should really be a central register where MFT serial numbers could be registered - in case they ever get put in for calibration. Or for sale in places like Cash Converters....

By then they'll be in the hands of someone who may not know they're stolen of course, but even so it might limit the market for them - or at least get a few back to the rightful owners...

There should really be a central register where MFT serial numbers could be registered - in case they ever get put in for calibration. Or for sale in places like Cash Converters....

By then they'll be in the hands of someone who may not know they're stolen of course, but even so it might limit the market for them - or at least get a few back to the rightful owners...

Like an expanded warranty registration programme from manufacturers. Wouldn't be particularly difficult to administer and should only require consent that details could be made available to police for this purpose.

Cash convertors are EASY to sell stolen good to. The thieves know how to play the game

My kit comes in with me every night, yeah it's a pain in the aris but I'd rather that than wake up to an empty van! No option though when your working away and there is no safe yard to leave your van in, or you end up with some funny looks as you drag it all into the digs with you!

I can back up my van to garage door with wall on one side.

Still had some scrotes try to open it a couple of years back by drilling the door lock - but since I have a cage bulkhead they couldn't get into the back anyway or drive it away. (Ford Transit Connect)

Anytime it has to be parked on the street, my MFT comes inside.

I also have the added safety feature that if I can't find anything in the van, then thieves won't either!

Fluke 1654
Fluke 381
Fluke T6-1000
Fluke 325
Fluke IR thermometer
Bosch 12V FC drill
Bosch 18V FC drill
Bosch 18V jigsaw
Bosch 18V recip saw
Bosch 18V multitool
Bosch 18V vacuum
Bosch GO scredriver
Roughly £8-9k
I thank you.
No CCTV on the car park? Might be worth asking the Travelodge - guarantee the police won't bother....

Won't get things back, but might well be someone 'known to' them...

Many friends in various trades in London scrapped vans years ago .Estate cars and any thing big gets delivered to site .Vans are sitting ducks . My tools come in the house and then into the shed every day .takes less time than replacing them

I can back up my van to garage door with wall on one side.

Still had some scrotes try to open it a couple of years back by drilling the door lock - but since I have a cage bulkhead they couldn't get into the back anyway or drive it away. (Ford Transit Connect)

Anytime it has to be parked on the street, my MFT comes inside.

I also have the added safety feature that if I can't find anything in the van, then thieves won't either!
Sorry to hear that Mate, there are some barstewards about hope they get what they deserve

Sympathies Jeremy, know that feeling too well when you find the doors open and tools gone.
Almost slept in the van once where staying (guest house), area had a bad reputation for van thefts but risked it and was lucky that time!

All my tools/test gear goes into the garage every night... no matter how tired or knackered I am. I'd worry so much I wouldn't get any sleep otherwise. If I'm away from home, which is rare these days, and can't offload the valuables... I sleep in the van... It's all insulated in there, so remarkably cosy...
I,m same. all tools (except maybe a few hand tools ) come off at night into garage, even though we are in a low risk area , van is only 20ft. away from bedroom window, and they're insured. at my age, I don't work away anyway.

Reply to Stolen tools in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock