Discuss storage heater or not? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

uhoh

-
Reaction score
Evening chaps usual Thursday evening dumb question coming up but I would appreciate a little help as Dr Google is not cooperating.

An electric boiler (heatrae sadia amptec C900) running wet system radiators(normal rads) Would the radiators be considered to be storage heaters? may be more of a plumber question but worth a shot here with the wealth of knowledge I see here

Could make all the difference in a horrific rating in a recent EPC in which a managing agent wants a LL to rip out the whole tank fed hot water and central heating system to replace with megaflo and electric storage heaters,A costly exercise to comply with a possibly misinterpreted version of EP regs
thanks guys any further info needed shout

Thanks for this Spin I knew the answer already just wanted to see someone else agree..the incoming EPC regs being interpreted by idiots must be costing people a fortune .. btw nice bike!

Clearly not a storage heater setup.
EPC madness!
Electric wet system is almost always more efficient anyway, so why on earth would anyone take one out and replace it with a storage heater setup?
Just for your info...in Spain you now need an EPC rating of "E" for pre 1975 houses, or "D" for post 1975 ones, if you want a licence to rent to tourists...so, when the vast majority of tourists go there in Summer time, and their priority is keeping cool, not warm, what is the point?
Half the houses in UK can't better a "D", so what chance in Spain where their buildings are noticeably less thermally efficient?
Interestingly, and at the risk of being labelled a pedant, it would appear that if your property was built in 1975 (not pre or post) then you don't need an EPC at all...

Reply to storage heater or not? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock