Discuss Storage Heater Replacement Help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J.Bland

i have been asked to quote a job to replace non working storage heaters on Economy 7 with Energy efficient electric radiators. will i need to have the economy 7 changed to run the rads during the day as they want to keep the 3 working storage heaters and i can see this causing a problem.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated as i have not come accross this situation before.

Cheers John

Remove the now redundant 3 circuits from the E/7 board & install them in the normal tarrife board, assuming you have spare ways.

Otherwise you can fit another smaller board just for the heaters and bring yiur cabling into that. Assuming the normal heaters are going where the night storage heaters were

Split the day supply tails and put day supply tails to the existing E7 CU.
Get the customer to cancel the E7 tariff because it will be more expensive for them to stay on it, but that his their choice.
Or the choices above.

Reply to Storage Heater Replacement Help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I have an Economy 7 storage heater Dimplex CXL24N - 3.4kW Storage Heater + Convector ( there not available anymore) that dos'nt work and...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Had a call out today about an odd issue with a newish Creda DT storage heater. Basically.. Storage heaters were installed in one flat...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock