Discuss Storage Heaters - RCD Required? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

if you talking about off peak you can over ride the radio teleswitch or even wire a temporary supply from mains board which is usually next to board for oph.

thats how id do it, unless you want to stay on job till 1am to do your testing.

Indeed but some tariffs have a midday boost.

If it has, you could always arrange the time for testing then.

Or in 5 minuets you could do an insulation test on each circuit.

Reply to Storage Heaters - RCD Required? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
I decided to get solar panels, the inverter instructions say one can use type AC, so the existing 14 x RCBO CU seems OK, may be a good idea to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have an old storage heater (FGS Storad COH 972A). Guess it's around 30 years old. It's a dual rad - storage and convector heater. Stopped...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock