Discuss Strange problem with PIR/motion sensor switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I have an odd problem with a motion sensor switch in a bathroom.
The sensor detects motion and switches the light on, but then doesn't switch the light off.
However, when I switch the fuse off and then on again at the fusebox, it resets the motion sensor, which works fine, but only once - after which, it goes back to turning the light on but not off.
I've tried replacing the motion sensor (it's a Timeguard PIR, with five terminals, including a switched live).
Any ideas please? I can't work out why this would happen?
Thanks!

have you looked in the light and checked that there is only a switched live running into it?
also are you sure you are buying the right type of motion sensor?
have you tried waiting for the light to turn off say 10 minutes after you leave the room?

Can you show us how you have wired it up?

Thanks for all your responses!
The timer is set to the minimum, 30 seconds. The light stays on permanently (or at least, more than an hour). I've included a photo of the wiring set up, maybe that will help! Strange problem with PIR/motion sensor switch IMG_20190419_173011 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Strange problem with PIR/motion sensor switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock