Discuss Strayed over from the plumbing forum for help ? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

On31ll

Ok so i am planning on renting out containers for storage etc amd the land there going on is rented to me. There is a clubhouse on the land approx 40 meters from the first container ! This has a 3 phase supply with 100amp fuse on each if that makes any difference ? now some of the containers are going to need electricity supplied to them ! I wanna go about it the best way ? By the way the actual fitting etc will be by a spark just the planning done by me to an extent so condiut is laid etc

So my thinkin is to run an armoured 3 core cable to say 1st container which is mine and have a primary meter in there to see how much i am using to calculate charges for the club to me ! But i need to also fit meters for the other containers for what they pay me etc. but do i then fit a bank of meters there and run all individual supplies to each container or do i split the supply then somehow monitor it ? Wats the best way ? Them data logger type of meters that u read on a computer ?

Btw the total load isnt going to be much its liTtrally a radio and phone charger in some of the containers ! In others theres a computer beimg used etc ! Can this be done ? And best way ? Please ?

Many thanks

A site layout might be good, its really about where to put the meters.... you could bring larger supply into your cabin then feed each cabin via a meter from yours or do the all individually from the imcoming supply, another method is to have a sealed meter in each cabin.... a variety of methods but your lack of info means they are all just available methods, also not mentioned is any heavier loads like heating etc

Last edited:
I think you need the electrician from the outset. It’s OK you running in whatever cable you think will do, you’re not going to be happy to be told it’s wrong.

Hi, welcome to the forum. As Tony has advised you need an local Electrician from the start, post your location and a member in your area will help.

as said. i'm sure any electrician would be happy to allow you to dig trenches, lay ducting , and do some of the donkey work, once he has advised you what needs to go where.

Ok ill get the spark in ! Just Thought it would be easy to design well half of it then let the spark do his work once conduit is in etc ! No worries ! Thanks guys

nothing to stop you making a sketch of the layout you think of, then getting the sparks to confirm whether or not it's viable.

Got a spark put today ! He said to run an armoured cable underground from the clubhouse supply into the first container that will belong to me ! And then hve indivual meters in each container but when i said about not wanting people tanpering he said to have the ban of meters in my container then run meter tails to each container for each container to have its own small say 2 way consumer unit ! Anyone reconmend any type of meter thats decent but not mega expensive ! Because i might have to buy 6 or more of them ! Also anybody reconmend any of them datalogger type things that hook upto your computer and tell you how much is being or been used ? Any good ? And how expensive ?

Many thanks

Use pre-pay meters in each individual container.

Check each container meter electrics every so often, Just in case they are being tampered with.

Reply to Strayed over from the plumbing forum for help ? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net