Discuss Strip Led power supply in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Eben90

DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm planning to make a Led illuminated staircase lights. I have 19 steps and so I will use 19 strip lights of 12W each.
So my total power will be 19×12w=228W.
I will use power supply 12V 20A SMPS - 240W.
I have two conditions :
Case1:In auto mode a pir sensor is there and it will activate only one light in the step which we climb. (I.e) it will glow one bye one as we climb over the step. So in this case the load will be only one strip led that is 12w.

Case:2
I have a selector switch for manual mode,in which the PIR sensor will be bypassed and lights in all steps will glow together.In this case now the total power utilised will be 19x12w=228w and my power supply is rated at 240W. So no issues in this case.

But in case 1,only one strip will glow and the power utilised will be only 12W.Since the power supply is 240W, will it the LED strip in this case?

Yes my question is since our load is only 12W (i.e) 1A and our power is 20A ,will it burn the LED strip when only single strip glows?

The load will only draw whatever current it needs, regardless of what the power supply is capable of delivering.

However, some power supplies may have a minimum load requirement to guarantee a good stable regulated output.

The load will only draw whatever current it needs, regardless of what the power supply is capable of delivering.

However, some power supplies may have a minimum load requirement to guarantee a good stable regulated output.
Thank you .This is what I need.

Reply to Strip Led power supply in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock