Discuss Stroma assessment information in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've just had my yearly Stroma assessment.

The assessor 'nice chap, firm but fair type', let me know that over the next 2 years the CPS side of Stroma will be completely taken over by Napit, although Stroma have 3000 people on there CPS schemes so it may take longer. The point he was making is it would be a good idea to ring up before your assessment and ask to pay so that you can stay with Stroma for the present, that way you can still pay the lower price. If you dont ring up before hand then chances are Stroma will not have got in contact with you prior to your next assessment and that means your registration will lapse and you will most probably have to sign up under Napit and pay the higher price (approx £500 rather than £300).

Look like we'll all be Napit over the next few years though! I may consider swapping to NICEIC then as it'll be a similar price but with a better name.

Steady on there young man :p

A better name :rolleyes: You and I could fall out :D
That was a bit presumptuous wasn't it, perhaps 'more widely recognised name' would have been more accurate.

Glad you're back on the forum more SC, putting us chaps in our place :D

Ps.. Hot topic's for this years Q and A were AFDD's and SPD's. Of course each assessor is different but I reckon it's worth having a bit of read up on them before hand.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm surprised because the stroma assessor I had was a nightmare, and their admin and manager were hopeless.

I have only been asked if I'm NICIEC registered. Never once has anyone asked if I'm stroma or napit registered.

My conversation with an assessor over SPDs.
Assessor; how to you feel about SPDs?
Me; I don't feel anything.
Assessor; so you don't have an opinion on them.
Me; no.
Assessor; okay is there anything else the 18th Ed has thrown up you would like to discuss.
Me; no not really.

No wonder we get a different assessor every year.

Steady on there young man :p

A better name :rolleyes: You and I could fall out :D
Turn of the century NICEIC had been on their own for decades....and spot on and it meant a great deal. Since the well known changes the others jumped on, and it became a bandwagon, they're all accepted as money makers. A pretty good excuse for being a 'more widely recognised name' though, I'd say.

I must say this gives me pause for thought. It brings up this year is my retirement year (October) and my scheme entitlement runs out in August. I was mulling whether to renew to take me through to the end (bad choice of word there) I do look ahead with some trepidation at the thought of not being able to call myself fully kosher and all that. I begin to feel a bit crestfallen at the thought of not being able to take on work properly if I am not with a scheme. It somewhat reminds of when these schemes came out where I was happily electricianing all over the country, and overnight I no longer could technically.
Still, have to think about it and see where I am when the time comes. It's worse than the 2391 exam thinking about it. But when you say get in now to keep a low price it rather forces the issue prematurely. Ho hum, something to think about!

Reply to Stroma assessment information in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net