Discuss Stroma assessment this year anyone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

One of the special locations for street furniture, not got the book to hand.
Ah, 714.411.203. 6mm for neutral up to 10mm?

But only for outdoor lighting covered by the scope, which doesn't include domestic, right. Had me worried I'd be running a fat cable to any bollards in a private garden or drive for a minute :)

But only for outdoor lighting covered by the scope, which doesn't include domestic, right. Had me worried I'd be running a fat cable to any bollards in a private garden or drive for a minute :)
The 10mm will be your PEN so 6mm will nearly always be the minimum on TN-C-S. (Not got the book to hand).

I've been looking at that one, having come across a situation at a sports club with about twenty bollard lights, lighting up a 100metre drive in. They're cheap things wired disgracefully and some idiots decided to use a bit of nice footwork on half a dozen of 'em. So much for accessible with key or tool........'Tools' in this case.

Rubbish job, done about 3 years back but would cost a fortune to re do. It's complicated with the builders/ land purchasers.

Stroma assessment this year anyone? IMG_0637 - EletriciansForums.net

10mm the guy told me. He had a book which I do not have, not quite sure what book. I just had to outright say I do not know the answer to the question. We got there in the end though. I think it is somewhere in Ch. 54 around page 202, but the line was really bad and I was struggling to hear him. Will check tomorrow with him on the visit to site, it is bugging me where he got that from.

I asked the guy on the assessment and he could not remember. I said people on the forum are waiting for the answer, he said they will have to wait then. Passed the assessment by the way. Went through most of the tests you would routinely do. Questions on the way like max Ze for TNS etc. nothing difficult. It made me chuckle as he said he has failed people for doing dangerous stuff, but also one was asked to do Zs and hemmed and hawed asking if he could just pop on you tube! Fail!

Just got my non conformities back for my assessment, only one and that’s to clip these tails....Stroma assessment this year anyone? 85C02944-6C02-4A40-9D40-42A996084475 - EletriciansForums.net
That I didn’t install in the first place the DNO did when they installed the isolator ?‍♂️

Had my assessment yesterday and today with Stroma, yesterday was the office and paperwork phone call that lasted about 30mins, all went well there as everything was in order. This morning I had my site visit with a very knowledgeable chap who was very happy with what I had done, he asked a few questions and got me to isolate and prove dead then do a Ze, PFC and RCD tests. He was with me for about an hour in total, but we spent more time talking than doing anything practical. So that's me for another year thank jeebus, always worry about these things every year and am glad it's over! I've not had a non compliance before @Baddegg I would be making a complaint about that to Stroma as it is clearly not your work!

Nah the fella does em is a smashing bloke, really knowledgable and helped me no end at the beginning, the place is also a friends house so I just pop some p clips on and keep the peace man ?, glad yours went well @SparkySy its always a PITA trying to fit em in!...only problem I’ve found at present with Stroma is communication ?

Fair enough @Baddegg, to be honest I have never had a bad assessor from Stroma they have all been electrical contractors and all very knowledgeable guys and pleasant too. It's nice to have another spark look at your work as they appreciate how it is in the real world and not just some paper jockey that hasn't a clue and only knows the BBB. Ah the communication has always been an issue with them, I have waited months for assessment dates after paying my yearly subscription, I just go with it now.
As an aside below is the cut out at mine today and nothing was said about the DNO tails there, it's an agricultural grain storage barn supply. When I go back I will put some clips on them too I think!
Sy
Stroma assessment this year anyone? IMG_20200901_1531071 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Stroma assessment this year anyone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock