Discuss Stroma is it possible to fail assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi @Michael James thomas good question. When I attended my STROMA assessment it was around five hours. We went through paperwork including level 3 exams, insurance, third party contract, GS85, EAWR, technical questions such as talking about R1/R2 adiabatic, types of system and when they are recommended for inspection time wise etc. complaint procedure all in all quite a thorough process. Then of course off to site to inspect installation and do Ze (with safe isolation!) and Zs and RCD testing. I definitely came away with the sense that if you were not an electrician it would have been clear as the questions (about fifty) on a science/techy level and practicals would soon show if you knew your onions. As @Wilko suggests is he really STROMA registered, I find it hard to beleive he could have got through with such a paucity of knowledge they are pretty thorough imo.
Yes he is and here is an example of his knowledge the water can be bonded anywhere only the gas has to be within 600 ,only single phase cables need to sleeved and identifed he asked me what ADS stood for

Yes he is and here is an example of his knowledge the water can be bonded anywhere only the gas has to be within 600 ,only single phase cables need to sleeved and identifed he asked me what ADS stood for

Somebody within your outfit hired him, that sounds like the first problem which needs to be resolved.

As I am sure has been suggested, make Stroma aware of yor concerns.

If you don't know what ADS is and think three phase cables (should be bare?) can't do a cert, not familiar with bonding, not familiar with the application of additional protection then...how the hell can you get in with STROMA. Very strange, presumably you are not letting him loose in peoples houses alone?

Sounds like Domestically he will probably bond the gas and water (somewhere) and put brown sleeves on switched lives. Better than some places I go :rolleyes: . (Just trying to be funny, sorry)

If you don't know what ADS is and think three phase cables (should be bare?) can't do a cert, not familiar with bonding, not familiar with the application of additional protection then...how the hell can you get in with STROMA. Very strange, presumably you are not letting him loose in peoples houses alone?
Probably!!

I'm the NIC QS and Electrical foreman for a shopfitting firm and one of the subbys who has now come on board full time .He can't fill out a test cert at all didn't know where to bond water and doesnt know when an Rcd is required or not so uses RCBOs on every thing has no real knowledge of the regs Doesn't know how to test R1 R2 Yet he's stroma registered is that why it's cheap you pay their fee and your in.?

You should raise your concerns with Stroma .......... not the forum.

I was with Elecsa then moved to Stroma

Based on my experience - Stroma were more thorough with their initial assessment.

Reply to Stroma is it possible to fail assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net