Discuss Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does any one use Stroma Certification?

I'm with Elecsa and I find them great. But, I keep getting emails from stroma, they offer the same certification as the other companies plus free third party certification (not something I would do, so irrelevant to my situation) for £288 include VAT! I pay about £450 with Elecsa. That's quite a chunk of change difference...

Does any one use Stroma Certification?

I'm with Elecsa and I find them great. But, I keep getting emails from stroma, they offer the same certification as the other companies plus free third party certification (not something I would do, so irrelevant to my situation) for £288 include VAT! I pay about £450 with Elecsa. That's quite a chunk of change difference...

Please enlighten us further as to you're description of a scam provider being ''Great''?? Heard Elecsa (and others) called many things, but Never have i ever heard anyone call them Great!!

Middle men? Robbers? Pointless organisational layer not actually creating or fixing or making anything, just creaming off a layor of revenue from hard grafters?

Hows that :ack2:

Hahaha, new someone would pick me up on that when I wrote it.

The assessment is direct and to the point, no wasting a full day. And when I have occasion to call their tech helpline I find them knowledgeable (yes I know, they should be) and helpful

The assessment is direct and to the point, no wasting a full day. And when I have occasion to call their tech helpline I find them knowledgeable (yes I know, they should be) and helpful

The Elecsa tech line went down the toilet after they merged with the NIC. can't remember when I last called them

As far as i've been able to make out, these buckshee assessments never take a full day, the assessors have two or three to complete a day!! It basically the Scams annual money collecting exercise...
Well we've seen the quality of some of the advice offered to members here by Scam helplines, which to be honest doesn't exactly instill any real confidence!!

Must admit the tech helpline has become less friendly.

On a similar vein, I saw an article by Emma Clancy (CEO of Certsure) lamenting the fact that domestic customers are finding electrician using the likes of Checkatrade rather than their own competent persons lists/web sites. Stating that their (NICEIC/Elecsa) 'quality control' guarantees customers finding technically competant electricians.

How she can stand up and say that is beyond me, when the 'process' is that the electrician chooses 1 of his jobs from the year for inspection, and that doesn't even have to be a 'significant' piece of work!

As far as i've been able to make out, these buckshee assessments never take a full day, the assessors have two or three to complete a day!! It basically the Scams annual money collecting exercise...
Well we've seen the quality of some of the advice offered to members here by Scam helplines, which to be honest doesn't exactly instill any real confidence!!

Let me help you out Eng as you've obviously never had an assessment or you'd know a bit more about it.

They are not 'buckshee', you pay for them with your annual fee.
Of course they never take a day, they are half day assessments,
Following on from above, the assessors have 2 to complete in a day not 3.

Honestly Eng, for someone who does not work in the industry in this country, doesn't undertake the type of work that part p covers, has never been a scheme member, has never used the niceic helpline or had an assessment you seem have a strong opinion on it.

Nic is £3.00 + vat.

Mind you that used to be £1.50 notification + £ 1.50 warranty, I'm not sure if the warrenty has been dropped or just combined.

You can't buy one without the other so as far as I'm concerned that makes the notification fee £3.00 + VAT

Must admit the tech helpline has become less friendly.

On a similar vein, I saw an article by Emma Clancy (CEO of Certsure) lamenting the fact that domestic customers are finding electrician using the likes of Checkatrade rather than their own competent persons lists/web sites. Stating that their (NICEIC/Elecsa) 'quality control' guarantees customers finding technically competant electricians.

How she can stand up and say that is beyond me, when the 'process' is that the electrician chooses 1 of his jobs from the year for inspection, and that doesn't even have to be a 'significant' piece of work!

The likes of Emma Clancy and her motley crew, wouldn't know a skilled and technically competent electrician, if one understandably smacked her in the face!! lol!!

What quality control is she talking about i wonder, ...the fact that they endorse training centers electrical 17 day training courses, and then go on to enroll graduates into their membership of competent persons?? Now that's what you call Guaranteed QUALITY!!

Reply to Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net