Discuss Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sparksburnout

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Now chaps, could we all refrain from Electrical Trainee/DI type comments please, they have been put to death, oops sorry done to death my mistake. However, it's a fact of life for us guys that do a bit of house bashing, that we need to be a member of a scam. Scheme I've done it again. I have been sent quite a bit of propaganda from Stroma just lately, including an invite to jump ship for quite a low price, comparatively (currently with Grabbit, sorry Napit, what's up with this Ipad??) anyway anyone any experience of them? I never use the tech support or anything, but I do have to say the notification procedure and suchlike is quite painless with Napit. I am all for saving a few quid but don't want to move if they are naff or likely to have problems??

From what I've heard on here about stroma is inspections are quite thorough, nearly half the price of the other scams and one of there inspectors makes you lock off the main switch before removing the dis board cover lol. Hope this helps haha.

Just "jumped". Previously with NICEIC and NAPIT over a protracted period of blood letting.

I..... Think the whole scheme thing is flawed lets not start that but my thruppence for what its worth is

- I don't use tech support lines so don't / didn't care re that so can't comment on Stroma as against other schemes
- its almost half the price up front (£288). The "name" of scheme makes no odds to me so price is everything
- the notifications cost half that other schemes charge. Again over a year quids in
- everyone I have spoken to at their office, and the assessor himself were polite, pleasant and normal. Not officious, authoritative, or school teacher-ly. I enjoyed our half day.

- as for the assessment, well he was more thorough than me. i am ashamed to say he found what appeared as a non conformance, just one of those things, we had a chuckle about it, I submitted evidence that I had corrected it, and was "allowed in". No I'm not telling what it was

hope that helps

Just "jumped". Previously with NICEIC and NAPIT over a protracted period of blood letting.

I..... Think the whole scheme thing is flawed lets not start that but my thruppence for what its worth is

- I don't use tech support lines so don't / didn't care re that so can't comment on Stroma as against other schemes
- its almost half the price up front (£288). The "name" of scheme makes no odds to me so price is everything
- the notifications cost half that other schemes charge. Again over a year quids in
- everyone I have spoken to at their office, and the assessor himself were polite, pleasant and normal. Not officious, authoritative, or school teacher-ly. I enjoyed our half day.

- as for the assessment, well he was more thorough than me. i am ashamed to say he found what appeared as a non conformance, just one of those things, we had a chuckle about it, I submitted evidence that I had corrected it, and was "allowed in". No I'm not telling what it was

hope that helps
Cheers Sparty that is very helpful, like you I only care about the bottom line. I must say my last assessment with Napit was more do do with showing him a bit of testing and quite a few questions, he didn't seem that bothered about the CU change I had done, he was a nice bloke though talked for England I thought he was never going to leave. anyway COME ON WHAT WAS IT?

I am part time so fixed costs per year figure as bigger overheads, hence the bottom line for me

Ok it was a bond clamp on the water service, it appeared loose (it in fact had cracked in half - overtightened, or maybe just carp) and it also appeared the wrong side of the water meter.

in fact (it is in a blinking awful spot, difficult access) the water service was black plastic, was not easy to spot, as it was only visible for less than one cemtimetre, so was in fact a bit of a red herring. Maybe.

I am part time so fixed costs per year figure as bigger overheads, hence the bottom line for me

Ok it was a bond clamp on the water service, it appeared loose (it in fact had cracked in half - overtightened, or maybe just carp) and it also appeared the wrong side of the water meter.

in fact (it is in a blinking awful spot, difficult access) the water service was black plastic, was not easy to spot, as it was only visible for less than one cemtimetre, so was in fact a bit of a red herring. Maybe.
There bloody rubbish them carp they always come off.

Well done for confessing. Just to be clear, as Anthony asked, is that £288 it then, nothing else other than the notifications? How much are they, and is that the price every year or just introductory?

Well done for confessing. Just to be clear, as Anthony asked, is that £288 it then, nothing else other than the notifications? How much are they, and is that the price every year or just introductory?

Yes Sparks.. £288 all in, this includes VAT. That is the price you pay for the initial visit, that is also the cost each year for the annual assessments.

Oh.. And don't believe Spartykus... He installed the CU upside in the shower cubicle.... thats why he failed!! ;)

Yes Sparks.. £288 all in, this includes VAT. That is the price you pay for the initial visit, that is also the cost each year for the annual assessments.

Oh.. And don't believe Spartykus... He installed the CU upside in the shower cubicle.... thats why he failed!! ;)
Hey that's not bad then is it? Well compared to the others I mean..... How much are the notifications?

Has anyone used the stroma iPad cert software that they apparently give to members for free ?
Just interested in any feedback on it.

Hey that's not bad then is it? Well compared to the others I mean..... How much are the notifications?

£1.80 (inc VAT)

Has anyone used the stroma iPad cert software that they apparently give to members for free ?
Just interested in any feedback on it.

Sorry Andy, no I haven't got around to trying it out yet.

People can't argue with that price if their in a corner and need it bad.

Yes you can, its just a unessasary tax on electricians that needs eradicating until these leeches prove they are making electrical installations safer and being pro active in prosectuing people who leave them in a dangerous state.

People can't argue with that price if their in a corner and need it bad.
Not quite sure what you mean mate. I'm all for "you get what you pay for" but what's the difference other than about £200 in my pocket rather than theirs? I can tell you weren't born in Yorkshire....

Reply to Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock