Discuss Struggling to find a class 2 light that looks anything like this..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As in the title...

The customer has no earthing on lights and wants to change from pendants to something different. It's in the kitchen.

She bought some class 1 lights that looked a little like these
Struggling to find a class 2 light that looks anything like this..... light - EletriciansForums.net Struggling to find a class 2 light that looks anything like this..... light2 - EletriciansForums.net
Does anyone know where I can get a class 2 light that is at least a little like the above, or perhaps some other nice looking class 2 lights?

She doesn't want to go for downlights or battens.

Cheers :)

That's the only one that comes up under £60 on the whole of ebay isn't it! You's think there would be more.

Thanks for the suggestion Kev.

I have a 3 light class 2 in my lock up that is very similar to the right hand piccy HHD. Can't remember if it's brushed or polished chrome. It was fitted (by me) from new and left in situ for less than a year before the tenants moved out and I sorted out the circuit. You can have it for nowt as its gathering dust.

I have a 3 light class 2 in my lock up that is very similar to the right hand piccy HHD. Can't remember if it's brushed or polished chrome. It was fitted (by me) from new and left in situ for less than a year before the tenants moved out and I sorted out the circuit. You can have it for nowt as its gathering dust.
That is really kind of you NDG. I would have definitely taken you up on that but she needs 2 of the same.
Thanks again though, I reckon you must be a top bloke to make that offer :)

That is really kind of you NDG. I would have definitely taken you up on that but she needs 2 of the same.
Thanks again though, I reckon you must be a top bloke to make that offer :)

No worries at all. There used to be a website called double insulated or similar but I can't find it when I just looked. They had a really good range at the time. I would expect to pay at least three times as much for each light fitting when compared to class 1 lights.
Is there no feasible way to get a CPC to them? When you weigh up the costs of the lights it might be nearly as cost effective to do. Not to mention a better solution electrically.

Some of the class I fittings of the original type are actually fitted with class II electronic "transformers" (with the double square symbol) and if you can get the cable and sheath in ((or use a suitably insulated junction box (chocbox, etc.) and sheathed flex) with no exposed cores, they can be OK as-is. My parents had one in their kitchen that had MR16 halogen lamps and used to burn me when adjusting them, but when it died, I converted it to LEDs and suitable driver (PCV1220 from CPC) and it is now class II. Honestly!

Reply to Struggling to find a class 2 light that looks anything like this..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock