Discuss Struggling with City and Guilds Electrotechnical Certificate 2330 Level 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

05gmccarthyg

I am starting to struggle with keeping up with the Jobs. And I'm scared I will not finish them and fail the course. I feel comfortable with the theory but a little nervous about the practical side at the moment and I'm actually loosing sleep over this.

Any tips for me? :(

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
try and repeat some of the stuff you do at college at home where you can ie get a big board and try and put a few of the circuits up that you do at college. Also don't be afraid to ask the workshop lecturers questions, especially if you are not sure - they are usually very keen to help those who want to learn - that is what they are paid for after all.

You're probably right, I have always been a bit shy which is something you really don't want to be. I will start to open my mouth a bit...

Thank you.

i mate i have completed my level 2 last year the practical was very easy my advice is when you draw your diagrams make them clear and easy to read then when it comes to the install you will have no problems don't stress mate

aha speed. well don`t worry at all mate. that will come with experience and practice. if you was was working on site with me i would rather you take your time and do it properly rather than rush it. don`t get stressed mate just take your time and as a previous post get a bit of board and knock some bits up. the more you do it the more confidence and the faster you will be.

aha speed. well don`t worry at all mate. that will come with experience and practice. if you was was working on site with me i would rather you take your time and do it properly rather than rush it. don`t get stressed mate just take your time and as a previous post get a bit of board and knock some bits up. the more you do it the more confidence and the faster you will be.

I'm one of the furthest behind in the group and I have a red sticker next to my name which means I will fail the course if I carry on completing jobs as slow as I am.

you need to talk to the tutor mate. tell him or her what worries you have etc. ask them for advice. we had a couple at college that were a lot slower than the rest mate they got given some old cable to take home to practise with. make sure you have a word with someone mate. the exam is timed but you should be ok with it. don`t forget some of the lads will be in the trade and thats why some are a lot quicker

I agree with Phil - talk to the tutors and let them know you are really keen to do well- they might be mistaking your slowness for lack of interest and commitment, because there may well be a few there who are disinterested - definitely speak up more. They (tutors) are always keen to get people thru the exams - it looks better for them the more passes they have. Also practice at home - you will get faster - get hold of some cable and time your self to put up a couple of sockets and switches.

im on 2nd year 2330- and im 26, 17 year olds faster than me, but what i have to do is just ask questions galore and watch others. most work in the trade that is why

if the tutors don`t help (which they more than likely will) speak to someone at student services mate. there is loads of help out there in college. also what area are you in? i might know someone depending where you are that you could tag along with

pm me a postcode of where you are i am not promising anything but i think i have someone near you. also drop your experience so far ie any work you have done etc and how long you have been at college and age. i don`t need your address mate or full post code just ie pe10 will do

Reply to Struggling with City and Guilds Electrotechnical Certificate 2330 Level 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net