Discuss Stuck in a rut in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

diditrain

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, i mainly do domestic work but am becoming a little bored of late.
Can anyone recommend any electrical training courses, which could help me expand my knowledge base and maybe move into other areas of electrical engineering?
Possibly on the commercial or industrial side of things

Based in Carlisle, Cumbria but would prefer a different learning establishment to my local one as the place is an absolute shambles. Still waiting for them to mark my NVQ 3 after almost one year

if you want to move towards engineering then the btec courses are the way to go, depending on your quals/experience then ONC/HNC are the ones to look for probably Electrical engineering:)

If you have completed you electrical qulaifications and are confident with maths and science then you may be able to talk a college into letting you on a HNC course and bypassing the ONC.

The HNC is day release for two years and hard work (jusr spent all day on one assignment and only tenth of way through) but seems to be what a lot of employers want.

There are lots of engineering HNC's have a look around and try to find one with the subjects you find interesting as you will not stick it out if you get bored stright away

Reply to Stuck in a rut in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock