Discuss Studying for 2330 Lvl 3 + 2391 together in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

fuzzydunlop

I'm slated to finish my lvl 3 at the end of November and am thinking of doing my 2391 before it changes straight after (can probably get a December course/exam)

Is this doable? I'm thinking it possibly is as the final written exams for 2330 are on Inspection, Testing and Commissioning then Fault diagnosis and Rectification so surely there will be a lot of crossover or am I looking at brain overload?

I'm doing some work with a friend (industrial and domestic), have bought my own tester (fluke 1652) and built a practice board in my garage, which I know isn't much but I'd like to get the 2391 before it changes

I understand the principles etc..In any event have just looked on the C&G website and they say if I sign up for 2391 before Dec 31st I have until Dec 2013 to take/pass the course so will speak to some colleges and see what there plans are re the new course. If they are going to transfer from 2391 to the new set up straight away I may bite the bullet and see how I get on, or if I can sign up and register with C&G then do the 2391 next year i'll wait

Anyway back to the original question is there much crossover between the written exams for 2330 and 2391 or is "that" much more advanced?

i was advised by my tutors to do the exams straight after eachother worked for me, the am2 is a good practice for the 2391 because you do a full inspection in the exam, its all related so imo best to do it while its all fresh, what are the changes in the 2391 is it a big change to the exam?

so does that mean people with 2382 and 2391 will have to do more exams and workshops?? my tudor is keen to get me on the 17th 2382 course... and didnt mention it changing

The 17th is only changing to follow the format of the new book, so if you do it before Dec 31st you use the red book, after that you use the green book

i never bought the red book , i waited till green came out. so people who have red book 17th will have to do green book 17th+1??? or are they fine?

ahh in your expierience knowing the red book, makes the green book a piece of wee??? still might do it im sure they will provide me with the red book, just to get out of way

I'm slated to finish my lvl 3 at the end of November and am thinking of doing my 2391 before it changes straight after (can probably get a December course/exam)

Is this doable? I'm thinking it possibly is as the final written exams for 2330 are on Inspection, Testing and Commissioning then Fault diagnosis and Rectification so surely there will be a lot of crossover or am I looking at brain overload?

I completed both courses at the same time and found having the 2330 L3 knowledge in mind still was a big help. I say go for it.

Darren

The Same as Darren^^
Made everything alot easier as its all fresh in ya melon :)
Some will disagree.. Oh i did my 2391 half way thru my level 3(I missed 5 weeks of level 3 to do my 2391)
Passed 2391 and got Destintion in 2 parts of level 3 and a credit in the Inspection and testing part lol

Reply to Studying for 2330 Lvl 3 + 2391 together in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock