Discuss stupid accidents and near misses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Working in country's where most people shoot first and don't bother asking questions.

Will get Mrs Doc to take some pictures of my war wounds and post them.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst thing was, it was 2 separate incidents. First one in Sudan, AK47, 1 round in hip other in thigh. Second time in Angola,.22 pistol, 1 round in ankle.

Not connected to sparking but the closest I've come to pushing up daisy's was as a new shiney nig squaddie.
On the grenade range given the drill & had a practice thow using a spud, out comes the real thing screws on the detonator pulls the pin bowles the grenade...unfortunately I've never been good at cricket so this exploding plum drops just a couple of meters away. The instructor screams you C**t & we both hit the deck & get a shower of the finest Vogelsang dirt.
We both get up he stares at me I stare at him & say F*** that was close do I get another go, at which point I get the mother of all punches off him.....never cocked up lobbing a grenade again.

I think your harder than Cirrus :)

stupid accidents and near misses {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Not connected to sparking but the closest I've come to pushing up daisy's was as a new shiney nig squaddie.
On the grenade range given the drill & had a practice thow using a spud, out comes the real thing screws on the detonator pulls the pin bowles the grenade...unfortunately I've never been good at cricket so this exploding plum drops just a couple of meters away. The instructor screams you C**t & we both hit the deck & get a shower of the finest Vogelsang dirt.
We both get up he stares at me I stare at him & say F*** that was close do I get another go, at which point I get the mother of all punches off him.....never cocked up lobbing a grenade again.

I have a poster in the loft somewhere from Kuwait after the first gulf war. Indian welder finds a box of grenade detonators. Thinks it will be great to let one go behind his mates whilst they are having lunch. Pulls pin, goes to chuck it but it detonates the moment he lets go. Poster is of him in the operating theater just before they chop his hand off. Surgeon is holding his thumb and little finger about 18" apart.

let this be a lesson to you boys and girls. DO NOT PLAY WITH LIVE ORDNANCE.:D

Hi Doc,

I am getting worried about you, first you are going to get Mrs Doc to take photos of your bullet wounds to post on site and now you reveal you have a poster of an Indian with his hand somewhat mangled. Is there a side of you we should know about before the forum meeting?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Should see the video he sent me. (No, not that type of video).
When you going to be fit for this meet then Ian?
Postponed it due to your undue care and attention at work.

Tell me when and it is plane/train or automobile time.:D

I am getting worried about you, first you are going to get Mrs Doc to take photos of your bullet wounds to post on site and now you reveal you have a poster of an Indian with his hand somewhat mangled. Is there a side of you we should know about before the forum meeting?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am alright if i keep taking the waaaaaaaaaa, jubaaaa, jubaaaa, whoooo, giber, giber, tablets.

Last edited by a moderator:
jeez Carter that sent shivers down my spine reading that:eek:

I was once using an angle grinder with an abrasive pad and had that moment changed from a cutting disc I had been using..the grinder snagged and grabbed my t-shirt and clamped my hand to the grinders 'on' button and I couldnt stop it! it sanded my stomach red raw before the other engineer cut the power, would have been a lot messier if i'd still been cutting:eek:

Mate did pretty much the same thing when we were putting together a chopped Triumph Bonneville. He was fettling a bracket with a grinding wheel in a drill with his greebo hair hanging loose. The wheel picked up in his hair and in a split second had wound itself towards his face and took a huge chunk out of his eyebrow before it ripped the chunk of hair off his scalp! Lucky/stupid sod!

When I was apprentice I was chatting up a girl whilst working on an overhead rotating bar clothing conveyor system when my sleeve got sucked in and ripped off my jumper followed by my tshirt and left me screaming dangling half naked whilst being transported round the system lol

Christ, that could have been messy! Some people will do anything to impress a woman.

Mate did pretty much the same thing when we were putting together a chopped Triumph Bonneville. He was fettling a bracket with a grinding wheel in a drill with his greebo hair hanging loose. The wheel picked up in his hair and in a split second had wound itself towards his face and took a huge chunk out of his eyebrow before it ripped the chunk of hair off his scalp! Lucky/stupid sod!

Christ, that could have been messy! Some people will do anything to impress a woman.

A bit non electrical but along the same lines, My late Grandmother when she was young used to work in the woolen mills in Bradford back in the 1930's.When I was a kid she used to tell us stories about 'the olden days'. One day she recounted an horrific tale of a new girl who had long hair came to work,at the mill and was told to tie her hair up.
To cut a long story short , she diddnt, and it ended up getting caught in the leather belt that drove the machine (you know the type, we have all seen Fred Dibnah's programmes), anyway, the whole lot lot ripped out.

Grandma said she could never forget the poor girls screams !

Makes my eyes water just thinking about it !

Once put my finger in a motorised SAFI valve to see how far it was open.

It was open fully and closed on my middle finger................ouch !

There was a 2A fuse backing it up which thankfully popped. Good job I had swapped the 6.3A one earlier

I once tipped an aluminium tower over while we were pulling in an arnourd all i had to hang on to was the cable and slid down it to the floor ,

the gas regulators on oxy/accetilene bottles caught fire while i was burning some rsjs

Hit my boot with a circular saw and cut into the steel toe cap

slid down a roof and neally fell right off

hand saw slipped sawing a bit of wood and neally cut my thumb off

One got an infection in my ear after trying to pierce it at home.

Hi everyone.

I did the same thing with my ear as well when I was 16 or 17. Sterilised a sewing machine needle with a flame and put into the arm of the sofa for safe keeping then into my ear, lol.

My father was up a ladder working on some temporary lights one day and got a belt, fell off and then went back up to finish off with a dislocated shoulder.

When I was an apprentice doing basic hand skills we were told not to flick files at each other because the file flies out of the handle. Several minutes later flicked the file at some other apprentices and it flew at them across the room and smashed into a partition wall. Fortunately it missed everyone.

Reply to stupid accidents and near misses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock