Discuss Sub main Off a Sub main???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have been asked to run power to a timberframe outbuilding (6mtr x 10mtr).
there is a garage cu which is a submain of the main cu, which would be easier and more practical to run the power from.
i havent actually been to the site yet, but assuming suitable CSA feed to the garage cu, can i then feed off from the garage cu to another cu in the outbuilding?

You might find it difficult to co-ordinate the ratings of MCBs if any of the new final circuits is anything more than 6A.

You might find it difficult to co-ordinate the ratings of MCBs if any of the new final circuits is anything more than 6A.
I don't think that it's too critical although your correct if it was any other type of installation ie commercial there would be more of a risk/inconvenience.

Hi - perhaps service split before the garage CU to avoid adding to co-ordination issues etc. I’m seeing SWA entering garage and having some half baked connection to that CU (oh so many of these). Fix that with an adjacent box and add a new SWA ongoing to the next shed, perhaps.

Reply to Sub main Off a Sub main???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I wondered if it is OK to have 2 x Main Switches in the same consumer unit. One feeding the RCBOs in the House and one feeding the CU in a garage...
Replies
Views
Hi, if getting back to the CU is not an option, instead of spurring off a socket via a Sfs putting the rating down to 13a. Could you spur off the...
Replies
Views
Now that SPD's must be fitted regardless, how does this stand from a sub-main perspective? Went to look at a job and they want a supply to a pre...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have been asked to take over a job an electrician has started, and has moved abroad. The house is a big mansion, with a 3PH supply...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock